Associate Director, Strategic Profitability and Margin Analysis
The Associate Director of Margin Analytics will work across all functions to act as the central point of contact to proactively identify and synthesize operational changes in margin drivers. The team will then work to formulate plans with effected teams to ensure we are properly reacting to changes with pricing and operating levers.
This is a unique role in Wayfair that offers both a broad SVP-level strategic scope, while requiring an ability to dig into the weeds and understand and control a highly complex pricing algorithm and supporting financial data infrastructure. As this team is newly formed, it provides a high-potential candidate a blank slate to set up and define processes and prioritize the capabilities that we build as a team in a high visibility, high impact area of Wayfair that has historically been viewed as our largest competitive advantage as a company.
What we need in this role is a strategic leader with an eye for driving action through insights and ability to build strong internal partnerships. If youre someone accustomed to taking complex business problems and distilling them into actionable solutions for a wide range of audiences, were interested in connecting with you.
- Strategic partner for cross-functional groups, facilitate visibility into COGS, partner on new Wayfair initiatives, and strengthen internal and external relationships.
- Architect the road map and planning for our growing Margins initiatives
- Develop monthly KPIs for executive leaders; report progress on key initiatives, elevate potential roadblocks, and communicate overall status updates.
Who are we looking for:
- Demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and success in analytical and high impact roles.
- Breaks down large, complex, ambiguous goals into manageable pieces for the team.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Operates as a linear thinker and can instinctively understand how interconnected systems drive a customer or operational outcome.
- Clearly communicates near-term and multi-year vision for team.
- Champions his/her teams initiatives internally and cross-functionally.
- Coaches team in innovative thinking and pushes team outside comfort zones.
- Extremely organized with good project management skills.
- Willing to learn the technical aspects of our Financial Systems.
- Comfortable with creating new processes from scratch
- Strong attention to detail, can learn quickly and understand big picture concepts.
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style adaptable to the audience
- 8+ years of experience in a highly Strategic and Analytical role in Consulting, Analytics, Product Management, (Preferably in e-commerce or B2C business).
- Expertise in Excel, experience in SQL a plus
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, while having fun doing it
- An easy-going attitude and a strong sense of humor