Office Tour Photos
We are hiring an Associate Director, Software Engineering for our Personalization team in Boston, MA. This is a great opportunity to lead a team of full stack developers to innovate and delight customers of Chewy.com. This is a leadership position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for Personalization. This role offers a great opportunity for professional growth with the leading online pet retailer in the US. You will have a unique opportunity of providing pet parents with a personalized, easy and integrated experience on Chewy.com.
Millions of pet parents with unique needs visit Chewy.com looking for products for their beloved pets. We have the task to decide what products would be most useful to them and help them discover those products. How do we do this?
Meet Personalization team @ Chewy. We use best of machine learning techniques and continuously test the outcomes to simplify product discovery for pet parents looking for their pet needs on Chewy.com. Our exceptional multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, data engineers, software engineers and product managers work together to power personalized recommendations and product discovery for pet parents. Our team has single threaded ownership of the space allowing us to decide impactful products that we can experiment, measure with metrics and deliver at a fast pace.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and lead a team(s) of 5-10 experienced Full Stack Software Engineers, and Quality Assurance Engineers
- Drive technical decisions and work with your product owners to execute on vision of Chewys personalization
- Establish working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Hire and Develop best talent
- Identify and manage priorities within the context of overall Chewy objectives
- Drive excellence in Engineering and Operations
- Own all relevant operational metrics
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing Critical Tier services
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development as a Full Stack Software Engineer
- 3+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Position may require travel
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- E-Commerce experience
- Experience working with AWS or Similar Cloud Environments
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
More Jobs From