Chewy is hiring a Associate Director Software Engineering for our eCommerce team in Boston, MA. This is a critical part of our custom e-commerce platform that is responsible for all business processes that need to occur on customer carts. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this platform. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US. The role will allow you to act as a technical contributor while leading a team of strong engineers building Chewys next generation order management platform. The role will have tremendous visibility in the technology & business organization of Chewy.
What youll do:
- Manage and lead a team 1-2 scrum teams with 3-7 experienced engineers responsible for building Chewys next generation eCommerce Platform and complimentary products.
- Drive technical decisions and be accountable for the delivery of solutions on initiatives they own.
- Contribute to road map definition in collaboration with technical and product leadership.
- Review code and implementations, provide feedback for technical contributors.
- Must be able to identify and manage priorities within the context of overall company objectives based on data driven decision making.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams as the subject matter expert for your team.
- Partner with our recruiting team to continue to build your team and mentor the growth of the existing team.
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment.
What youll need
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing multiple software development projects.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Technical savvy, including hands-on knowledge/skill of system integration, databases and business intelligence
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Agile experience leading Scrum teams.
- Ability to perform business requirements analysis and design with strong prioritization skills to identify minimal viable/lovable products.
- Excellent communication, organization skills
- Capability to identify and mitigate development and implementation risks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Operations Management or Business Administration
- Position may require occasional travel
- Knowledge of Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Jenkinis, Confluence)
- Experience working in Agile teams (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with building retail solutions
- Ecommerce experience
- Java & AWS experience
- Exceptional customer service skills, follows up with clients and team members, and takes initiative to anticipate and solve problems
- Experience with CI/CD processes and releases management
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].