Associate Director, B2B Sales Engineering
Wayfair Professional is the B2B segment of Wayfairs business, a full P&L business unit that generates 10-figure annual revenue. Our mission is to help businesses make good spaces great. Wayfair Professional helps hundreds of thousands of businesses to create the perfect space for their clients, guests, and employees. We serve customers in the Office, Hospitality, Interior Design, Contractor, Property Management, and other sectors, with a broad assortment across furniture, fixtures, and decor. Were looking for an experienced full-stack engineering leader to drive innovation in our Wayfair Professionals product suite and set up our customer-facing sales organization for success. Weve nearly tripled in size over the past 24 months and we are seeking to expand the strategic capabilities that support our 1000+ and growing team of dedicated sales and operations partners.
What You'll Do
- As an engineering leader in the B2B space, you will own the department level core platforms that drive technology-enabled productivity and revenue growth
- Responsible for the technical vision, architecture, and roadmap of those platforms
- Partner with senior business leaders to define an inspiring multi-year vision for the team to rally behind
- Translate vision into a tactical strategy & roadmap for the team to deliver against
- Serving as a leader of leaders, manage a large technical team (~50 FTEs) with a strong culture of delivery; tenacious and accountable for results
- Responsible for all aspects of performance management; coaching, mentoring, and career growth while also attracting new talent
- Inspire and motivate cross-functional teams to be highly effective both in terms of impact and team culture
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor the performance of team's initiatives
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to others within our broader technology organization to ensure the scaling of best practices and use of repeatable patterns
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of experience in engineering leadership
- Thrives in high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing an engineering strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy
- Develop department roadmaps, milestones and KPIs that will move the business forward while investing in long term platform capabilities.
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and senior/executive leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.