WHO WE ARE
Thrasio was established in 2018 with a clear mission: to become the largest, most profitable seller on Amazon. Since then, our growth has been dramatic; we have over $500M in committed capital, with an impressive group of investors supporting our success. Were sustainably profitable and growing at an expeditious rate across 11 cities and 3 continents. Thrasio develops and sells over 6,000 best selling products on Amazon across a number of different categories, putting the company in the top 25 Amazon sellers. At Thrasio, were reimagining, innovating, and revolutionizing the consumer goods industry for the next century. We hire remarkably smart and driven individuals that collaborate and thrive on building a company that is disrupting the way ecommerce is done. If this sounds exciting to you, lets talk.
As the Associate Director of the Purchasing, you will drive the execution of the strategic vision for supply chain operations. You will interact with interdepartmental and external key stakeholders and lead the transformation of the department including process, communication, and strategy.
- Oversee and Manage multifunctional teams for purchasing tasks and assist with vendors negotiations and challenges.
- Lead the implementation of the departments SOPs to help increase the efficiency and build a high focus on the technology for a better vendor management with NetSuite, Anvyl and other tools.
- Guarantee clear cross functional communication.
- Ensure and maintain a repository of purchasing and global logistics documentation for audit purposes.
- Plan and implement the change management with different stakeholders for new systems, tools, and processes.
- Communicate, record, and update accurately and timely of all transactions to all relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise with Accounts payable for all payment confirmation based on the company process.
- Coordinate with the different internal stakeholders for product testing and quality, inventory coverage, system implementation and brands transitions to ensure that the goal of department is met and work toward highest quality and timeliness in the workflow.
- Demonstrate experience working with global teams dispersed geographically and remotely.
- Lead hiring for the department and assist with the opening of new offices
- Attend to the staff meeting, weekly brand operations meeting and other meetings with different stakeholders.
What You Bring to the Party
- Bachelors degree in supply chain, business administration, or a related field
- 7+ years work experience, including 3+ years in a supervisory role in Purchasing and global logistics or a related field.
- 3+ years managing remote teams
- Experience managing 1000+ suppliers in a fast-paced environment with high variability particularly in retail/e-commerce (Amazon, Shopify, eBay, etc.) and consumer goods
- Experience in ERP Procure-to-Pay & inventory modules.
- Proven track record in building, managing and leading teams
- Well-developed communication skills (including verbal and written fluency in English), with strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.