Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test the highest-rated, most accurate on the market enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the worlds only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embarks Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
Are you ready to turn a fast-growing, mission-driven company into a household name? Embark is looking for an Associate Director of Public Relations who can help us define our brand, share our cutting-edge science, and introduce our leadership to the world.
This is a critical role responsible for leading our earned media efforts, building consumer awareness, and shaping Embarks perception in the scientific and business communities. We are seeking a savvy, enthusiastic candidate who can create sophisticated communication strategies as Embark becomes a category leader in pet care and genetics.
If you have a proven track record driving consumer-facing PR and brand awareness in the biotech, genetics, or pet care industries, we want to hear from you. Join us as we redefine the canine genetics industry!
What youll do:
- Create public relations strategies around Embarks scientific discoveries, category leadership, and consumer value
- As the company continues to grow, identify and secure opportunities for Embark to build its brand as an employer and thought-leader
- Work cross-functionally across all of Embark (including science, leadership, marketing, and product) to identify opportunities for media coverage and storytelling
- Secure coverage from mainstream publications and media outlets in the consumer, science, veterinary, and pet space.
- Liaise with outside agencies and consultants
- Be a key part of Embarks evolving brand voice and communications strategy
- Build thought-leadership opportunities for the companys founders and executive team, providing talking points and media training
- Assess coverages impact and report learnings back to the team
- Manage incoming media requests
What experience were looking for:
- 5-10+ years of experience in public relations or media relations, preferably with experience in biotech or science
- Experience turning business leaders and executives into company spokespeople
- A proven track record translating technical or scientific subjects to a mainstream audience
- Experience working cross-functionally, preferably with technical or scientific teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with media databases and PR tools, including Muckrack and CISION
- Passionate about creating a better future for pets and the people who love them
What We Can Offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but were passionate about people too. Were committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.