Associate Director, PMO
SS&C Eze is your platform for growth. We are reimagining the investment process by creating a completely open, seamless, and fluid investment ecosystem. As we redefine the FinTech space, we are currently searching for an Associate Director. PMO to help us continue to scale our agile processes and teams. While this person will lead a team of Scrum Masters they will also be very hands-on to ensure adherence to agile principles, enabling the company to deliver quality software products efficiently.
- Lead a team of Scrum Masters, within the Research & Development Project Management Office (PMO). Provide mentorship, career development opportunities and feedback to Scrum Masters. Identify and resolve gaps in skills, processes, and resources.
- Ensure team adherence to Agile principles. Provide coaching to the Scrum Team(s) on how to execute the Scrum framework to ensure the efficient release of quality software products.
- Partner with engineering and product managers on an onboarding training plan to make team members more productive quickly.
Day to Day:
- Embrace a servant-leader role across scrum teams to proactively identify and remove dependencies and impediments to ensure on-time delivery.
- Facilitate decision-making, issue resolution and consensus among the team members and teams.
- Partner with Product Owners and Engineering Leaders to ensure product backlog items are prioritized based on business value and all stories that are pulled into a sprint meet the Definition of Ready.
- Ensure programs and teams collaborate on a regular basis, facilitating Scrum of Scrums as needed.
- Improve the efficiency of the R&D team through continuous improvement and innovation.
- Coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the group and the organization.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where conflicts are identified quickly and problems are solved.
- Manage risks and have risk mitigation plans in place.
- Monitor Sprint Burndown Charts, Velocity, Variance, Resource Allocation and maintain other productivity metrics.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with stakeholders about project status.
- Coordinate ongoing learning and collaboration through monthly Scrum Master Summits; coach teams regularly on scrum principals.
- Act as liaison between stakeholders and teams to negotiate Sprint scope
- Assist in development projects as necessary (such as rolling out new tools and technologies to teams).
- 3+ years of project management experience in software development using Agile and traditional SDLC methodologies
- 4+ years leading multiple scrum teams
- 4+ years managing people
- Extensive experience leading and collaborating with global teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Knowledge and certification in an Agile framework, such as CSM (Certified ScrumMaster), PMI-ACP, SAFe
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership and ability to create collaborative, productive teams
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and project management software
- Passion for problem solving and troubleshooting, including under pressure.
- Experience implementing a scaled agile framework
Who We Are:
We are a trusted and proven partner to the investment community. We complement our award winning investment workflow technology with expert global customer service. We pride ourselves on fully understanding each client’s unique needs and advising them on best practices and processes to maximize their operational and investment alpha. Our team is made up of more than 1,000 global employees in 11 locations worldwide. We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, London, New York, Rio De Janeiro, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, and Sydney.
We are a highly dedicated team of innovators and experts who love to collaborate on the cutting edge. We service our clients’ unique and growing needs with highly configurable, expansive, and integrated products for the entire investment process and community and we are never satisfied until our customers are delighted. We celebrate this passion and commitment by fostering a culture that promotes innovation, growth, communication and achievement from the bottom up. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit and welcome productive debated. We encourage open communications and upward feedback, we learn quickly from our mistakes, challenge the status quo – all while remaining accountable to our colleagues and clients. We also understand work is a big part of life, so having fun and celebrating hard work is core within our culture.