Office Tour Photos
Wayfair is looking for an entrepreneurial and highly analytical Chief Operating Officer with a significant track record of success to help lead and develop our Imagery Creative Team. The group works on highly visible projects which drive innovation daily for Wayfair. The teams ability to inspire customers through creating high quality and inspirational imagery is a core differentiator for Wayfair. We have unlocked the power of technology to reinvent image creation for a fraction of the cost of traditional imagery production and are looking for a senior leader to achieve our goals of producing inspirational imagery for our customers at unprecedented scale.
As the right hand to the Head of Imagery Creative, the COO will optimize a diverse group of 200+ 3D viz technicians as well as their current and future tool sets for cost, quality, and job satisfaction. The work will be focused on analysis and innovation of creative output pipelines including engineering work flow processes which optimize for automation and quality. Additionally, this role will lead and mentor a 20-person production team which acts as the conduit between creatives and the business. The production group is responsible for workflow, budget adherence and management, as well as timely delivery of assets, and requires a leader who will intuitively procure, analyze and organize data so that the executioners can work smarter and to ensure that the tools we develop consider both the creative workflow and optimize for efficiency possibilities never before realized. This is a prime opportunity for a process-oriented business leader to flex left and right brain capabilities on a team which is revolutionizing the industry.
As a successful candidate, you will be a proven, highly cross-functional leader with experiencedriving strategy and scaling output.This role requires strong, clear communication skills, relationship management with senior stakeholders, and experience with management oversight of complex [creative] problems. You will also need to be comfortable building scalable processes from scratch as well as fine tuning existing work flows.
What Youll Do:
- Analyze and innovate processes to achieve cost, quality, efficiency and volume targets for imagery and motion assets including:
- Partnering with engineering, product and ops team leads to gather the data needed to think critically about process and to enable the design of sustainable, scalable workflows and technical enhancements which improve efficiency, time to resolution and a reduction in errors in current processes
- Develop fact-based, data-driven measurements of business performance in collaboration with the business owners
- Collaborate with functional management teams and key business stakeholders to design, develop & implement strategies for improving business processes and support systems
- Work cross-functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
- Be solution oriented and able to take an ambiguous idea and formulate sound decision using data and business priorities
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and execute plans to move teams and the department forward including team calibration and career development at all levels
- Organization planning and design (in collaboration with Creative Directors)
- Capability assessment and gap analysis to continuously assess if were staffed to meet current and future staff needs
What Youll Need:
- 10 + years of experience or 4+ years post MBA preferred
- 3+ years management experience leading direct reports and driving results in process improvement capacity, management consulting, or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy
- Evidence of scrappy startup execution and a get it done attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Possess analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems and the ability to communicate those ideas in a way which inspires and motivates creatives
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Product or engineering experience and/or have creative experience/appreciation for brand and aesthetic
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From