Associate Director of Production
Associate Director of Imagery Production
The 3D Visualization team at Wayfair is transforming the industry creating inspiring, high quality 3D images at a scale never before imagined. We have unlocked the power of technology to reinvent image creation for a fraction of the cost of traditional imagery production. New processes and efficiencies have been developed to enable this work and we are looking for a Production lead to now bring our output, cost and turn-around times to the next level.
As a key part of our Imagery organization, the Associate Director of Imagery Production will manage Wayfairs physical studio space and the scheduling of hundreds of creatives to enable the efficient production of beautiful, impactful visual assets in both 2D and 3D formats. This is role will lead the 20-person production team which acts as the conduit between creatives and the business. It is this group which is responsible for process build-outs (including tool mapping), budget adherence and management, as well as timely delivery of assets.
Successful candidates will be proven highly cross functional leaders with experience partnering with Creative Directors to identify, scope, and execute strategic initiatives. The role requires strong, clear communication skills, relationship management, and past experience with oversight of complex creative problems. Candidates will need to be comfortable building scalable processes from scratch as well as fine tuning existing work flows.
What You'll Do
- Analyze and improve existing creative and business processes, including reporting and scheduling
- Develop and achieve cost, quality, efficiency and volume targets for imagery and video
- Partner with Engineering and third-party tools teams to think critically about process and design sustainable, scalable workflows and technical enhancements designed to improve efficiency, time to resolution and reduce error in current processes
- Work cross-functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
- Convey innovative ideas that question the status quo and demonstrate significant return on investment
- Be solution oriented and able to take an ambiguous idea and formulate sound decision making by using business rational and data
- Evaluate existing processes for efficiency opportunities and produce new processes as initiatives and business needs change
- Develop fact-based, data-driven measurements of business performance in collaboration with the business owners
- Use data and other research tools to identify trends, find root causes, solidify scope and frame roadmaps
- Collaborate with functional management teams and key business stakeholders to design, develop & implement strategies for improving business processes and support systems
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Help develop an action plan to move your teams and your departments forward including team calibration and career development at all levels
What You'll Need
- Proven track record in taking ownership to deliver results within a fast-paced environment
- Willing to dive deep to obtain a strong understanding of business strategy and bottom line goals
- Effective communicator and able to operate clearly in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to hit the ground running a self-starter
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- High degree of comfort with change
- 10 + years of experience demonstrating project management and driving results in process improvement capacity, management consulting, or equivalent.
- 7 + years management experience leading direct or indirect reports
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.