Associate Director, Product Management - Next Best Message
Wayfair is looking for an Associate Director of Product Management to lead our Next Best Message initiative within Recommendations Platform team. Next Best Message vision is, for each customer and each touchpoint (e.g., different pages on the website, marketing email, retargeting banners, etc.), to identify and serve the message (e.g., a banner highlighting specific parts of our value proposition, a sale event, a specific product recommendation, etc.) that maximizes customer lifetime value. This role would involve end-to-end ownership of this workstream, starting with data-backed hypothesis generation, ideation around potential algorithmic solutions, development, and A/B testing. You will work in a leadership position on a senior cross-functional team, including analytics, data science, engineering, and customer growth. You will be responsible for leveraging large amounts of website and external data, proprietary technology stack, and unique personalization algorithms to drive traffic, increase engagement, improve customer experience, and eventually grow customer lifetime value. Specifically, you will:
- Work with the analytics team to perform deep exploratory data analysis to inform and support the creation of strong hypothesis about customer segmentation, personalization, and messaging. This may include inspiring customers to find new products, helping convert in-market customers, or optimizing our ability to introduce customers to new categories they didnt know they could find on Wayfair.
- Build a multi-quarter roadmap for the development of this part of our recommendations platform (the technology and algorithmic solutions for personalizing our recommendations of products, sale events, and other content in our asset portfolio). This includes defining Next Best Message strategy, prioritizing customer problems and segments, informing algorithm selection (e.g., reinforcement learning, collaborative filtering, etc.), developing the testing agenda, ensuring product delivery, and aligning with all relevant stakeholders.
- Work with our data science, engineering, and customer growth teams to rapidly test strategies across channels (including different parts of the web site, e-mail, retargeting ads, and other channels) and ensure learnings are being consistently shared among teams.
- Lead the team to maniacally measure performance and KPIs for all Next Best Message-related personalization strategies and adjust the roadmap based on the test data.
- Ensure that our message personalization approaches correctly incorporate the nuances of our product catalog and strategic trade-offs we are making across Wayfair business.
Your work will make customers enjoy and value their experiences across Wayfair customer growth campaigns and be inspired to discover and build the home they love.
This role is part of the broader Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence Product team at Wayfair which is responsible for building world-class systems to automate our customer growth campaigns and get the right message in front of every customer at the optimal time. Beyond recommendations, our products also include our data management platform, notifications and marketing automation systems, and campaign automation/bidding tools. We have a sophisticated technology stack that allows for fast iteration on complex machine learning models for personalization that will enable you to be very nimble.
- Drive our Next Best Message product vision and roadmap, keeping stakeholders and customers up to date on the top level goals, timelines, and progress
- Be the subject matter expert on our platform capabilities and individual personalization strategies. Push the limits of our thinking to improve our product and drive better customer experience.
- Own the delivery, measurement, and performance of our personalization strategies
- Drive the teams thinking regarding the analytics required to prioritize requests and ideas for features; leverage multiple data sources to understand the business value and impact, weighed against the risks and development cost
- Market our product internally across teams to maximize adoption
- Deeply understand the technology used in our recommendations platform product, the strong and weak points, and become an expert at what is available
- Strong business acumen and strategic thinking
- Experience leading the development of product or marketing strategy, opportunity-sizing, feature prioritization, and roadmapping
- Experience developing customer segmentation and profiling
- Significant experience working across several stakeholder groups and juggling multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Track record of leading the delivery of complicated products, features, or services (potential profiles: product management, product-focused strategy consulting, etc.)
- Demonstrable ability to be technically hands-on
- Experience setting up and running A/B tests
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in statistics and linear algebra
- Proficiency in SQL
- Interest in machine learning, data science algorithms, ad tech, and big data