Office Tour Photos
Were entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfairs transformation of retail for home. We create the experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfairs pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
Wayfairs Operations Product team is looking for an experienced Associate Director, Product Management to lead development and delivery of Customer Delivery Experience. In this role, you will lead a small team of product managers and associates responsible for identifying, defining, developing, and integrating innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements in our Customer Delivery Experience. Your team will own the Customer Experience primarily for, but not limited to, the Wayfair Delivery Network. In this role, you will determine the delivery value proposition that leads to the highest customer satisfaction and build technology, systems and solutions that create that best in class experience, using levers such as customer communication touchpoints, service levels etc.
The successful candidate needs to be self-motivated, work well with cross functional teams in technology and operations, and thrive in a constantly-evolving business environment. You will work closely with business owners, product managers, technologists, field operations, finance and other stakeholders to define the tools and tech platforms needed for the delivery systems of the future. You will strive to define product design and functional requirements/capabilities with a particular focus on implementation to execute on these through delivery. This role offers the opportunity to make business-critical decisions and includes significant visibility and collaboration with senior leaders across several Wayfair functions. Domestic travel will be required approximately 15% of the time.
What You'll Do
- Partner with senior leaders to define Delivery Experience vision and strategy and ensure it aligns with broader company objectives.
- You will define and measure business impact, and monitor the performance of the teams initiatives
- Work with your team to translate vision into robust, intuitive, scalable products
- You will lead cross-functional teams in annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and prioritization
- You will develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and regularly update key partners and stakeholders
- You will counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements
- You will contribute meaningfully to the development of product management fundamentals and execution of Operations Product at large
What You'll Need
- 6+ years of product management experience and 2+ years of managing product managers.
- Demonstrated competency leading strategic decision making in multi-functional spaces.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals.
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences.
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Strong management skills and get it done attitude.
- Proficient and comfortable with relational database query languages and data architecture.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From