Associate Director, Product Management, Cross Sell
Wayfair is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial product leader to take its catalog to the next level. The Associate Director of Operations Product Innovation, Cross Sell, will be responsible for driving exciting new developments leveraging Wayfairs catalog, with an aim toward growing revenue from cross sell, up sell, and swatches.
Reporting to the Director of Operations Product Innovation (OPI), US Merchandising Systems and leading a team of product managers, this individual will collaborate with partners across the company, including Merchandising, Storefront, Supply Chain, and Engineering. The scope is broad, with accountability for developing and maturing a shared vision for how to build linkages between products in a way that adds value for both customers and Wayfair. This role will help customers find that perfect complementary offering they didnt know they needed, give customers a sense of comfort that they are selecting the perfect product by enabling swatches, and eventually lead efforts in other growth areas for Wayfair, including monogramming. Wayfair and its customers will benefit greatly from the innovations led by this role.
This role will lead a team of high performing product managers to bring vision to reality, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Engineering.
The products this role will build will be a key driver in the growth and success of Wayfair.
- Develop the vision around an integrated and continually updated vision for the health of Wayfair's merchandise catalog. Align the rest of the organization to the vision.
- Drive the development of product roadmaps touching Merchandising, Store Front, Legal & Compliance, Supply Chain, and other groups through a team of product owners
- Deliver an ongoing stream of internal-facing product innovations that improve KPIs related to product catalog quality and completeness, catalog health, etc. in collaboration with business and engineering teams
- Work with engineers to develop, QA, and roll out new tools and enhancements, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on, and resolved.
- Build, lead, and develop a team of user-centric, high-performing product managers
Who Were Looking For
- 8+ years Product management experience working with operational systems
- 4+ years experience successfully building, managing and developing highly effective teams
- Comfortable working cross-functionally across a wide variety of teams, backgrounds/interests, and levels/seniority; readily able to tailor communication to your audience
- Demonstrated track record of successful management of product development execution from vision, to deployment, and ongoing impact optimization
- Demonstrated success in aligning of vision and execution across different functional organizations in highly matrixed environments
- Application of product design mechanics in multi-user applications (ex. operational, executive, internal users)
- Strong UX/UI experience
- Experience with ROI/Impact analysis of feature deployment
- An easy-going attitude, thick skin, and a strong sense of humor
- Bachelors degree in either a technology or business discipline, MBA a plus