Associate Director of Product Management, Compare & Select
Associate Director of Product Management, Best In Class Product Selection
Wayfair is looking for a senior product leader who is passionate about creating amazing consumer products at scale and building high-performing teams from the ground up. Reporting to the Director of Best in Class experiences, you will share responsibility for one of Wayfairs most important strategic priorities: to ensure a best-in-class shopping experience for millions of products across hundreds of product categories, for all of our brands and geographies.
Specifically, the Product Selection team will build experiences across the funnel that help our customers quickly and confidently select the right products for their home and lifestyle. This includes managing the strategy and execution of:
- Technical Compatibility Many factors influence whether a product will fit into a customers home, including its size & shape and technical specifications. You cant fit a three-hole faucet into a sink with only one hole in it. How do you help customers sift through the space of available products and identify what will work for their space?
- Lifestyle Compatibility For some products, the technical specifications dont matter as much as how it looks, or the quality of a fabric. New parents need stain resistant options on their new couch, not soft suede. How can you help identify which products and options are right for a customers needs?
- Customization & samples Complex products need special care when crafting a user experience, and often require shipping a product sample to increase customer confidence. Whats the right balance to strike so that a customer can select two finishes, two joint options, and three part colors simply?
- Vertical solutions Our category managers have ambitious plans to grow their respective businesses. How can you create customized digital aisles to aggressively grow these verticals?
This role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of consumers around the world create homes they love, have a major impact at a rapidly growing $10B public company, partner with senior executives across the company on a high-profile initiative, and build a cross-functional team of experienced product managers, software engineers, product designers, analysts and data scientists.
- Establish vision, strategy and product roadmap for a group of product development teams, including technical compatibility, lifestyle compatibility, customization & samples, and vertical solutions across our entire retail brand and geographic footprint.
- Partner closely with senior leaders in Site Merchandising, Category Management, Data Science, and other product development teams to ensure tight alignment on strategy, prioritization, communication and execution.
- Build a product team from the ground up. Youll inherit a team of one product manager (and scrum team) and hire more, ensuring the team has a high degree of excellence, psychological safety, and bias to action.
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to scalable, measurable gains in metrics that you will largely define.
- 7+ years experience in customer-focused, analytically-rigorous, high-performance settings, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience. Preference for candidates with experience in e-commerce, though this is not required.
- 3+ years experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of business impact and team culture.
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
- Bachelors degree in either a technology, design, or business discipline preferred.