Associate Director, Product Management - Browse
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that were building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways. Were tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And were a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
As the Leader of the Browse Product team, you will define and revolutionize how we enable millions of customers to search and browse over 40 million items each day. Youll drive success by creating a world class Browse platform, aligning and partnering closely with stakeholders, and rallying a fully dedicated team of engineers, designers, analysts, data scientists, and product managers around a common goal. Youll thrive in this role by working at the intersection of data science, design, and technology and bringing the best out of the people on your team.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of high performing Product Managers that own the Browse Experience and App roadmaps
- Partner closely with key stakeholders like Media, SEO, Merchandising, and more to align on a shared vision of the Browse platform
- Own the technical vision and roadmap to build a world class Browse platform that unlocks clients ability to test and build on Wayfairs highest trafficked pages
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, customer journeys, competition, technology, team, and internal business strategy / goals.
- Create a 3Y product vision and strategy that will help us delight our target users, achieve our business goals, and enables partner teams to achieve their goals
- Translate ourg product vision / strategy into a well-sequenced roadmap that your team can rally behind
- Partner closely with dedicated Engineering, Analytics, Data Science, Design, and Merchandising teams to execute against your roadmap and continually improve team velocity.
What You'll Need
- 7+ years experience in product management.
- 5+ years experience managing Product Managers
- Superb communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Ability to help your team focus on the highest priority initiatives.
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for technical, quantitative, or scientific backgrounds).
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.