Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? Were looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
As an Associate Director of Marketing Analytics, you will build a foundation for enabling data driven decision-making for the marketing team. Youll help (re)define our growth strategy and work closely with the growth marketing team to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives, you will own our core KPIs, tech tools, and sales forecasting process. Youll work with the team to identify opportunities for optimization, growth, and to leverage our data to position Embark as a thought leader in dog wellness.
- Help define our Growth and Product strategy by uncovering insights through exploratory analysis.
- Own the experiment and learnings playbook by running growth-specific experiments and analysis, and helping other teams across the company execute their own experiments.
- Own dashboards covering KPIs.
- Help marketing managers understand the impact of marketing initiatives and where there is an opportunity to grow or be more efficient.
- Support key product launches by defining success criteria and conducting analysis.
- Drive strategic planning with senior leadership, ensuring that day-to-day and near-term work aligns with our long-term strategy.
- Work with the Data Engineering team to ensure we are able to report on marketing from end to end and top to bottom of the funnel.
- Develop an in house attribution model that will drive the decisions behind our customer touchpoints.
- Work closely with finance to react to market trends in order to pivot and adjust our marketing budget and strategy.
- Play a pivotal role in our comms and marketing planning, driving data-driven decisions that drive revenue growth
- Build out a high-performing analytics team that is excited to come to work everyday.
- Accurately forecast marketing sales and contribution by channel.
- Promote a metrics-driven culture across the company.
- 8-10 years of experience in BI/analytics, with a track record of delivering analytics solutions supporting business decisions.
- Proficient in SQL and Excel. Ability to write SQL to query complex data structure.
- Prior experience with DTC e-commerce marketing.
- Experience building out and evaluating marketing attribution models and optimizing measurement for growth
- Experience defining, evaluating, and implementing analytics tech stacks that super charge marketing teams.
- Solid understanding of statistical methods and modeling.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of curiosity and investigative mindset with an attention to detail
- Experience using large databases to solve problems
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Hands on experience with paid marketing channels preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Search Ads and/or similar martech and digital analytics tools. Google Data Studio a plus!
- Knowledge of GTM and/or Google Analytics implementation; marketing attribution model development in 3rd party tools a must.
- You like and are passionate about good visualization, tracking what matters.
- You want to mentor and develop analysts and make sure everyone is as excited about optimized marketing as you are.
What we offer
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- 401K Match
- Annual Bonus
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.