Office Tour Photos
Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case its visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: Home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Our software engineering teams work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like theyve found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and were the team that makes that happen.
Were looking for a senior engineering leader, to lead these Frontend Platform teams, driving the overall direction of the platform, and supporting the teams through hiring, coaching, and leadership development.
What Youll Do
- Lead three Frontend Platform teams, managing managers, tech-leads, and senior technical contributors
- Build a strong team with capable leadership through effective hiring, on-boarding, retention, and continuous improvement
- Be responsible for developing the strategy and key objectives for the future of Wayfairs frontend platform
- Identify and deliver solutions that push the boundaries of our UI development stack to achieve platform and business goals
- Actively mentor and coach all direct reports
- Work closely with the other Frontend Core and Storefront teams to expand the capabilities of our frontend web platform
How Youll Make an Impact:
- Help make decisions that influence how customers shop at Wayfair
- Lead teams writing code seen by millions of customers a day
- Be a part of the team that is leading the market in delivering the most delightful customer online shopping experience for home furnishings in a quickly changing landscape
Who you are:
- A graduate of a computer science or engineering related degree program with 8+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 12+ years of equivalent industry experience
- Experience developing large React applications
- Proficient designing production systems at scale
- Experience in an engineering management role
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From