Office Tour Photos
Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case its visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: Home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Our software engineering teams work hard to conceal the complexity of this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like theyve found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and were the team that makes that happen.
The Services Pod is a new team tasked with building Wayfair's newest offering by connecting Wayfair customers with third party professionals to help them achieve their goals. Today the team is comprised of two businesses: Design Services, which connects customers with Interior Designers for online design advice, and Home Services, which connects customers with professionals through service partners to assemble and install products as well as protect them.
As the leader of the Services Pod you will work closely with product managers, designers, analysts, testers, and business stakeholders to solve complex problems while charting the course for new and growing businesses within Wayfair.
What Youll Do:
- Identify engineering problems and develop solutions to them in conjunction with your teams and other appropriate stakeholders. Usethe Storefront stack of PHP, MSSQL, React, Memcached, Redis and other technologies to develop these solutions.
- Work with product and analytics teams and running A/B tests that have considerable impact on purchasing decisions. Monitor success on these tests and working to roll out winning variations of these tests
- As part of the above, work closely with Wayfair teams that are responsible for Analytics, Design, Frontend, Product, and QA.
- Develop capabilities needed to maintain the performance and stability of Wayfairs websites and apps.
- Establish relationships with your peer on the product team and those on other neighboring teams, particularly those intersecting with your product ownership area.
- Coach tech leads through running productive and efficient sprints.
- Identify new workstreams to incorporate into your product area. Work with engineering and product stakeholders to identify product gaps to fill and incorporating these into your engineering roadmap..
- Identify points where the product and engineering roadmaps dont align. Work with both teams to address these issues, ensuring appropriate prioritization of engineering driven tech investments alongside new feature development.
- Experiment with optimal ways to display services across the entire spectrum of the web and mobile experience
- Work with cutting edge tools like Room Planner and View in Room to help customers visualize products in their homes
- Help create powerful design tools that make visualizing our massive catalog of over 10 million products easy and enjoyable
How you will make an impact
- Help chart the course for an early stage startup business within Wayfair. Be a part of the team that is leading the market in delivering the most delightful online shopping experience for home furnishings in a quickly changing landscape.
- Learn about and balance the needs of three important parties our customers, the professionals we connect them with, and our internal teams who ensure the process runs smoothly from end-to-end.
- Help deliver code that is seen by millions of customers a day.
Who you are
- You have at least 10 years of experience in software leadership with at least 5 years of experience as a manager. During that time, you demonstrated technical leadership capability (code reviews, Agile scrum, etc.) with a track record of building highly functional teams
- You have an Undergraduate or Masters Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Software Engineering or equivalent with at least 5+ years of professional development experience - or - at least 7+ years of full-time software development experience.
- You have experience with SQL and object-oriented languages like Java, C++, C#, PHP or Scala along with object-oriented design.
- You care about technology, but you dont care about it for its own sake. You are not married to specific tools. You are comfortable moving up and down the stack to solve problems, and you demonstrated ability to make and execute platform level technical decisions
- You care about your team. Storefront Services is a highly collaborative team, with full-stack engineers, front-end engineers, app engineers, product managers and testers built-in to every team. You learn together and focus on facts and data to gain insights and drive decisions
- You care about the customer. At the end of the day, were creating delightful experiences for both our customers and the third party professionals and service providers we connect them with. Its not just about executing on a project specification handed to you by a stakeholder, but about working together to figure out what exactly the customer wants, and delivering it to them
- You have an ability to multitask and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization while having an ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- You have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level with a deep understanding of Product/Engineering partnership and a positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From