Associate Director, Data Architecture
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers wont benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, this team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
The Associate Director of Data Architecture is a highly-visible and strategic position within the rapidly growing Business Analytics organization at Wayfair. This leader will lead several technical teams to develop and execute on the big data solutions roadmap for each business initiative they oversee. The role requires a strategic thinker who can collaborate with other senior leaders and executives across the organization to understand the challenges and needs of the business. The Associate Director of Data Solutions identifies the right solutions, aligns the right resources and oversees the development of a wide range of Big Data solutions to tackle these problems. Our leaders move fast, adapt quickly, and leave a lasting mark through the new solutions they champion!
What Youll Do
- Align with senior leadership to define and develop the data and analytic solutions roadmap for the companys most important initiatives.
- Own and develop long term product strategy and delivery of data products, for one or multiple large stakeholder groups.
- Lead several teams to develop best in class high performing, easy-to-use self-service solutions.
- Develop a strategic working relationship with cross-functional leaders and align these solutions to their KPIs, levers, strategy and business goals.
- Lead several teams to develop best in class high performing, easy-to-use self-service BI solutions.
- Develop the organizational design to optimally serve multiple stakeholder groups and business objectives.
- Provide leadership with corporate initiatives by working with senior leadership and acting as a thought partner with a cross functional leadership team.
- Build, lead, and mentor a team of highly talented data professionals.
- Prioritize resources and hiring across multiple areas by balancing short-term needs with longer-term initiatives.
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated success working with senior leadership and executives to develop a data and analytic solutions roadmap, and provide recommendations that drive business strategy and achieve high impact results.
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, and innovative data and analytic solutions organizations.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse Architectures, OLAP technologies, BI Tools and traditional and big data technologies.
- Experience leading the development of custom built analytics and reporting solutions.
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking and technical abilities along with problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- Experience managing teams and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Proven ability managing, guiding, and growing analytic leaders.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Management or other engineering or quantitative discipline field.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.