Bottomline Technologies is seeking an Associate Database Administrator to join our hosting/operations team.
Our Associate DBA would be a key player in the administration, configuration and maintenance of all our enterprise database environments. They would work closely with senior-level DBAs to provide database expertise for the hosted database operations.
This is a great opportunity for a recent Computer Science or Information Technology graduate who is looking for a career in Database Administration; working with the latest database technologies within the public cloud.
This position is based out of our Portsmouth, NH headquarters
What you will do:
- Execute database administration activities, optimize database performance, improve processes, problem diagnosis and participate in upgrade projects
- Perform routine database maintenance including backups, patching and upgrading
- Monitor user security and access
- Monitor the performance and manage database parameters
- Develop and run scripts against databases as a part of data maintenance
- Install and configure databases and database related software such as monitoring and backups
- Writes documentation for a database. This would include data standards, procedures and metadata
- Work with system administrators and application development staff as needed to ensure the proper setup and function of the database environments
- Conduct research on database products as required
You should have experience in/with:
- Experience or exposure with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
- Good technical documentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience with backups, restores, and recovery models a plus
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is strongly preferred
- 0 -1 year of IT operations, with an understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
More Jobs From