Our content strategy team has recently gone global -- were accountable for user experience messaging for Wayfair, and our sister brands, across platforms (desktop, mobile web, app) and several geos (the U.S., Canada, Germany, the UK). Getting localization right is more important than ever, and so is ensuring that our content is governed, and ready to be distributed at scale.
As Wayfair explores tapping into new markets, were curious: Do you have experience with bringing localization into your teams editorial process? Might you have taken point on the back-end structuring of content so it could be easily repurposed, and governed? Might you have advised on the front-end content hierarchy for, say, location-specific homepages? Have you perhaps spun up country-specific go-to-market messaging playbooks?
If you answered Yes! to the above, the opportunity for content -- and you! -- is huge.
And you wouldnt be alone. On our customer-facing Geos product team, youd partner with product management, user research, design, and analytics to get to know our customers -- and how we might best engage with them -- in every geo. Youd also work in lockstep with brand leadership in the EU to align on our go-to-market messaging strategy.
And once we know what kind of content to ship, wed love for you to drive the editorial process: from where that content should appear in customer-facing touchpoints, to how it should be structured in our CMS, to when and how well engage with our localization teammates. Prioritizing will be key: what content will be essential for launch, what could come later, how might we adapt existing features, and where might we need new content altogether? Youll have many folks to lean on, from dedicated engineers and localization points of contact, to content reps on our Global Content Operations team.
Ideal candidates are not only strategic thinkers, but also sought-after collaborators who work well in entrepreneurial environments. Having done this kind of work before would be a very big plus, and we are totally open to where youll work -- it might even be best if youre based out of the EU.
More specifics on role and scope:
- Lead the content strategy for our Geos product team, reporting into our Global Head of Content (who is based out of Boston)
- Informed by user research, data analytics, and our brand positioning, set a vision for why, where, and when content should be repurposed -- or new content should be created -- as we explore opening Wayfair and our sister brands in new countries
- Partner closely with localization and Global Content Ops teammates to model and manage content in our CMS, so its go-ready as we emerge in new markets
- Within our global experience design community, evangelize the need for considering localization earlier in the design process, and help optimize our editorial and UI design workflows to meet this need
- Ensure cohesive messaging and platform-appropriate content standards across app, mobile web, and desktop
- Manage at least 2 other content strategists and determine why and when we may need to hire additional Geos content strategists
- Work collaboratively with product managers, user researchers, product designers (UX/UI), analysts, engineers, and brand leadership to make the customer journey as user-friendly as possible
Desired skills & experience:
- +10 years of professional content strategy or copywriting experience for consumers and consumer brands (e-commerce experience is a big plus)
- A portfolio that demonstrates how youve evolved, accelerated, and evangelized content impact, as well as a deep understanding of how to identify user problems
- An entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated ability to push independent and team projects to completion
- A collaborative work style and the ability to think holistically -- understanding how content strategy, design, product, engineering, and brand work together to provide customers with a cohesive, end-to-end message
- Strong leadership, time-management, and organizational skills
Our team is a mix of former travel writers, magazine editors, content marketers, TV producers, and academics. Were looking for culture adds, not fits. We believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds only strengthen our team.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.