Associate Compliance Analyst
We are looking for a highly organized, adaptable and motivated individual to join Carbonite’s Compliance team. The Compliance team supports many areas of the business by providing guidance on regulatory requirements and enabling products to become certified against industry standards in security and privacy, in addition to corporate compliance with global privacy standards.
The Associate Compliance Analyst will assist in a variety of projects, such as: operational control management (implementing and managing a Global Risk & Compliance application), documentation (systems mapping, policy creation and data flow charts) and risk assessment (risk ranking, mapping and tracking). The Associate Compliance Analyst will report into the Compliance Program Manager and work closely with the Compliance Project Coordinator.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Two Months:
- Meet key stakeholders and control owners to understand their roles in the compliance program.
- Learn about Carbonite’s current certifications and operational controls by shadowing the Compliance Team.
- Learn about Carbonite’s data privacy program by shadowing the Compliance Team and the DPO.
- Assist the Compliance Team in the implementation of a Global Risk & Compliance (GRC) tool.
Three to Six Months:
- Support maintenance of Carbonite’s data map and related documentation illustrating data flows and classification.
- Support Carbonite’s vendor management program by documenting vendor risk analyses.
- Support Carbonite’s risk assessment process and maintain relevant documentation.
- Provide technical writing assistance for policy and procedure updates.
Six Months and Beyond:
- Manage security, privacy and compliance policy update, approval and communication process.
- Manage the annual risk assessment process and ongoing monitoring of risk remediation.
- Manage Carbonite’s data map and ensure it is updated to reflect new products, features, vendors and acquisitions.
- Manage Carbonite’s GRC application including updates to workflows and administering training.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
This role is as challenging as it is rewarding.
- You will have exposure to all levels and areas of the organization. Your communication range must include the ability to get into the weeds with technical personnel, focus on business requirements with stakeholders on other teams, and present high-level, strategic objectives to executives.
- You will be juggling multiple urgent projects at the same time. You need to be highly organized so that no details are overlooked.
- Your projects will always be competing with other business priorities. Your key stakeholders may have differing temperaments and communication styles; managing competing personalities requires emotional intelligence. You will need to be likeable and respected in this role to meet your project objectives.
- Adaptability. The business priorities can change at any time and new tools and projects come up weekly. The ability to stay focused amidst the flux is critical to your success in this role.
- Visual presentation. A key part of your job will revolve around rendering complex information clearly and simply for the intended audience. Meeting presentations, graphical reporting, user documentation, and project dashboards are some of the ways you will provide transparency to the team and the company.
- Attention to detail. Much of the information you will be expected to document is highly nuanced and not always easy to understand. It is critical that you capture all details in order to paint a complete and accurate picture of Carbonite’s environment and risk landscape.
- Tenacity. Once you have identified the priorities and the activities required to meet your project goals, you need to doggedly pursue them. At times you might feel like you’re herding cats, but as long as you keep your eye on the objectives, you will help the team be successful.
Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years past professional experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in Security, Privacy, Information Systems, Compliance, Business or equivalent experience preferred
- Prior experience in data mapping, technical writing and systems analysis preferred
- Knowledge of GDPR, PCI, SOX, SOC 2, NIST, HIPAA preferred
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.