Associate Applications Developer
Let me tell you about an artificial intelligence (AI) company that you probably have never heard of, but you will. As a matter of fact, this company is the world’s largest independent AI company and it’s headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives. Like all companies, we’re not perfect, but we are committed to continually improving our employee value proposition, one that centers on competitiveness, flexibility and an appreciation for individuality.
For prospective employees, if that sounds challenging and exciting, we’d love to talk to you.
To support our continued growth, Interactions is hiring an Applications Developer who is responsible for building voice and web applications from beginning to end for clients. The Applications Developer is responsible for translating client requirements to application specifications, building multi-channel applications, providing project plans, and integration support for client systems.
- Support full life cycle of application software development from project conceptualization, planning, development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Evaluate, design and implement client applications.
- Add features and functionality to existing client applications.
- Support Quality Assurance team efforts.
- Track and report billable and non-billable activities by type.
- Complete required documentation of Client applications including enhancements, changes, bug, and implementation.
- Complete required documentation of development processes.
- Triage and support Client applications while on call.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Java and web services protocol experience. (REST, SOAP, JSON and XML)
- Eclipse and Subversion experience.
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to successfully communicate with distributed development and test teams.
- Good understanding of software development practices and disciplines.
- Voice application software development experience.
- Call center or customer service application experience.
- ASR Grammar development experience. (GrXML, SRGS, etc)
- Encryption and security/compliance experience (TLS, secure coding practices, PCI, etc)
- Linux OS and Container configuration/triage experience (RHEL/CentOS, Tomcat, etc).
- IVR platform development and VRU software experience. (Edify, Nuance, Intervoice, Genesys, Cisco, CCXML and VXML)
- CTI platform experience. (Genesys Tserver and CT Connect)
- Proficient understanding of Agile development methodologies.