Office Tour Photos
The Associate Project Manager (APM) coordinates the production, engineering, and on-schedule delivery of assigned projects. The APM helps prepare and communicate reliable information to all departments and to outside vendors about assigned print, digital, and online projects. The APM is responsible for creating and updating detailed project schedules, tracking daily deliverables, and reporting on current project status.
1 Understands project scope: Understands what is required for product delivery and participates in achievement of on-time, on-budget execution, including project scope, status of deliverables, finances, resource management and communication. Supports the project team to define the scope of the project and focus on the customer.
2 Focuses on results: Contributes to and tracks detailed schedules and interdependencies. Ensures that status, risks and issues are managed and communicated and that reporting requirements are adhered to. Supports the project team to meet project goals.
3 Provides project status support: Facilitates delivery of project updates and communication from project team to Stakeholders, providing detailed schedule tracking information and assisting with meeting preparation and documentation, ensuring that decisions and actions are tracked, distributed and understood as required at appropriate organization levels.
4 Supports project documentation: Collaborates with internal and external teams to ensure that requirements are met for data management, vendor management (statement of work through billings), quality management, and release management.
5 Communicates effectively: Provides clear, direct, accurate and professional written and verbal communication at all times. Presents issues and risks with proposed solutions or mitigations in a timely manner. Escalates issues as needed for conflict resolution and for effective Change Management. Understands the complexity of interdepartmental relationships and is able to adapt to adversity.
6 Represents project team: Acts as a role model for the Project Management team in all aspects of the role. Advocates and participates in process improvement and positive change initiatives. Works with the project team to enhance engagement and to impart and understand Business goals. Acts in conjunction with Group Manager to achieve personal and professional growth.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or relevant discipline
- 2+ years of educational publishing experience
Knowledge and skills
- High level of organization; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize
- Ability to drive on-time, on-budget, high-quality development efforts
- Understands fundamentals of publishing process
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgment about escalation of problems
- Experience developing interactive software for learning preferred
- Experience in application and web-based development preferred
- Familiarity with working in an agile development methodology preferred
- Experience in book and other print production, including specific knowledge of the educational market requirements preferred
- Collaborating – Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
- Compelling Communication – Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others' attention.
- Customer Focus – Ensuring that the internal or external customer’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs; promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value.
- Decision Making – Identifying and understanding problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; choosing the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; taking action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Innovation – Creating novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external); experimenting with new ways to solve work problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
• Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
• The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
More Jobs From