Assistant Manager, Traveler Support
Assistant Manager,Traveler Support
Go Ahead Tours
At EF Go Ahead Tours we believe youre never too old to be a student of the world. For over 25 years we have guided individuals across the globe through carefully crafted group travel. Our travelers range from young professionals to retirees, solo travelers to entire families, globe trotters to those stepping off their first flight. We believe that the best way to learn about the world is to experience it. Every day we come to work hoping to help as many people as possible, do just that. In the role of Assistant Manager of Travel Support you will help contribute to the EF Go Ahead mission by recruiting and developing staff, interacting with customers to ensure they have a positive experience, and working as a strategic member of the leadership team.
- Manage a team of 6-9 Traveler Support Specialiststhrough 1:1s, call coaching and mentorship.
- Monitor trends in the department and help staff develop proactive plans to achieve their performance targets
- Ensure representatives are knowledgeable of all areas of the Go Ahead product, including all features and benefits, operational procedures, etc.
- Aid in recruitment and hiring
- Train representatives to be customer-focused problem solvers who deliver helpful, responsive, and accurate service and drive customer loyalty, repeat, and retention efforts
- Assist team in resolving complex customer cases
- Speak to customers in escalated situations to understand the customers concerns and aid in resolving the incident efficiently
- Communicate effectively with other Go Ahead teams to align company goals and direction, and to develop positive working relationships in a collaborative manner
- Inspire and motivate staff
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude
- Oversee team schedule including coordinating daily shifts and Saturday coverage, monthly schedule and team vacation requests and employee weekly timecard approval in ADP)
- Responsible for taking manager on call rotational shifts (bi-monthly)
- Bold, unconventional, and fearless with a true entrepreneurial spirit
- An influential communicator and effective listener
- An effective leader with a strong presence and proven ability to motivate a team and develop employees through coaching, problem-solving, and planning
- Clear-headed and adaptable; you handle difficult conversations and emergency situations calmly and with confidence
- An activator who is able to drive initiatives forward when necessary
- Organized; you can juggle and accomplish varying day-to-day tasks and projects with ease
- Analytical and strategic; you understand the companys vision and can translate that to department-level strategy and goals
- Intuitive; you are able to keep a pulse on your teams needs and challenges
- Tenacious and creative; you believe no task is impossible and are consistently seeking innovative ways to problem-solve
- A traveler with prior service or management experience (preferred)
- 2-3 years of direct customer service or sales experience
- Loves problem solving and has a great attention to detail
- Aptitude for Staff Development
- Prior Management or Team Leader experience preferred
- 'Nothing is impossible' attitude
- 4 year Degree
*More senior-level candidates with direct management experience can be considered for "Manager, Travel Support" position.
EF is the worlds largest international education company providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EFs mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.