Assistant General Counsel
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
The Assistant General Counsel will provide legal counsel to the Company with respect to its public company filings, operations and general legal affairs. Reporting to the General Counsel, the position assists with drafting, review and negotiation of contracts; provides analysis and legal advice on issues involving the Company's operating activities; provides analysis and legal advice regarding regulatory and compliance issues, including with respect to SEC matters; ensures that appropriate staff are made aware of and educated regarding applicable laws and regulations; and ensures that policies and procedures are in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Advise with respect to SEC ('33 and '34 Act) periodic reporting and disclosure obligations, securities exchange listing standards, corporate governance, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance as well as other general corporate and securities matters;
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts, including non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, supply agreements and vendor agreements;
- Provide analysis and legal advice on various regulatory/compliance issues and matters;
- Conduct and/or coordinate analyses of business function processes and policies against governing laws and regulations to determine gaps in compliance and help draft new policies and procedures;
- Conduct and/or coordinate investigation of facts involving potential litigation and determine/pursue actions needed to resolve such matters without litigation;
- Provide advice to the business on data privacy law matters
- Assist in identifying, developing and implementing process and technological changes to increase the efficiency of the Company's legal affairs-related activities; and other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years' experience as a practicing attorney (minimum 3 years at a firm);
- Expertise in SEC ('33 and '34 Act) periodic reporting and disclosure obligations a must
- In-house experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts;
- Ability to competently manage multiple projects at one time; strong follow up; attention to detail; deal and project management skills; a will to learn and win coupled with strong personal accountability; the ability to balance business and legal needs.
- Experience managing contract management systems
- Ability to quickly learn and fill gaps in knowledge base of substantial amounts of applicable laws and regulations is required.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Collaborative team player combined with ability to work independently.
- Sense of humor.
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history
- We recently completed our IPO and are looking for the next generation of leaders to push us forward as a public company
- Even as weve become a public company, were committed to maintaining our startup feel, (but with none of that startup anxiety)
- We employ completely data-driven decision-making
- We encourage creative thinking, independent responsibilities for business results & team collaboration
- Lunch catering to the office, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stock options and a relaxed & flexible work environment
- We have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and more