Data Product Owners play a critical role in Liberty Global Retail Markets data transformation. GRM is the largest business unit within Liberty Mutual and data is one of its top priorities. Our Product Owners will articulate and translate the strategic vision, developing data products that enable Data Provisioning, Data Science and expansion of the Data Lake. He/she will implement programs that enable the business to make faster and more accurate decisions measured by KPIs, and will also be responsible for staying close to our analytics strategy to ensure any new data product meets the evolving needs of the organization through continual innovation, evaluation, and implementation.
This candidate should be able to work independently and will be empowered with decision-making authority on assignments reflecting the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination. The candidate will be charged with leading a squad of IT developers focused on executing towards a vision and will be responsible for prioritizing the squads work, executing cleanly, and communicating clearly to stakeholders. He/she will be expected to have a command of the technical products as well as how they need to meet the needs of our analytics community. This role also requires the candidate to have general business domain knowledge and a thorough understanding of data value streams.
- Sets the strategic vision and roadmap for building the next generation data science platform. Leads the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products to enable the data science community
Understands the discipline of data science, and creates a product roadmap for the end to end delivery pipeline (data ingestion to model deployment) and guides the product and development team
- Ability to collect specific customer and stakeholder needs and translate those to capabilities and features for the team to deliver. Clearly articulate value of each use case for prioritization.
- Manages highly complex initiatives and recommends and implements new or enhanced products (build and buy) to better meet stakeholder or customer needs by leading development of project backlogs and plans, including milestones and dates
- Partners with IT to think through proof-of-concept solutions, how they fit in the overall product suite, whether they will be viable, how they will be maintained.
- Has a command of the external marketplace including available vendor offerings for Data Science (DataRobot, Databricks, etc.) and open source projects
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with Agile processes as a means of providing focus and prioritization for the development team(s).
Ability to motivate and inspire a squad of IT developers by creating a compelling vision and clearly articulating a path to address various data pain points through new products.
Expected to be a change agent across the organization. Can communicate effectively across multiple technical units and senior leadership.
Experience in data science, advanced analytics and/or data architecture strongly preferred
7+ years of experience working in a data related field (data engineering, data management, data solutions design, analytics, data product development)
5+ years working with technical teams in a thought leadership role
Knowledge and experience with at least one of the following: R/Python/Java
Working knowledge of SQL and data transformation (ETL/ELT/etc.)
Experience with BI/Analytics/Visualization tools including SAS, PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
Strong written and oral communication skills required
Ability to communicate recommendations to senior business leaders
BA/BS, or relevant work experience, in Computer Science, Statistics or related field preferred
MBA or advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or other quantitative discipline strongly preferred
Ability to quickly understand and evaluate new technologies
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From