Assistant Director, Data Management – Finance Data Steward
We are seeking an individual who can work under broad management direction, and at high authority limits on assignments reflecting a high degree of technical complexity and coordination. You will need to have a high level of technical knowledge and skills including finance and data systems. As a Steward overseeing the entire value chain of finance data, you will be responsible for maintaining alignment and strong collaboration with application, data, and analytics teams. The Data Steward will be a leader for theFinance datadomain in helping to define the current and go forward strategy for data excellence.Responsibilities:
- Under the broadest management direction, implements, automates, and strengthens data management controls across a single function with a regional scope in mind.
- Leverages strong influence and collaboration capabilities to partner with IT and business teams (stakeholders and contributors) and ensure strategic alignment.
- Identifies and manages the resolution of highly technical data quality issues in a cost-effective and timely fashion. Identifies quality metrics and thresholds by working with the business data owners and users. As a recognized technical expert, own and publish reports related to quality metrics along with root cause analysis and mitigation options to the end user community.
- Able to manage data throughout its lifecycle from creation to retirement by participating in the development, definition, and execution of policies, guidelines, and quality control procedures for the reporting and dissemination of data.
- Demonstrates a mastery over multiple domains (i.e. MDM, lineage, data security, data quality, etc.) in solving business use cases. Creates an access strategy to ensure effective implementation across the enterprise. Develops and defines data validation, verification, and reconciliation strategies to support data governance, stewardship, and security.
- Able to influence decision makers on the outcome of an initiative based on its perceived value, and to influence the prioritization of data management solutions. Works with stakeholders to define metrics that are impactful for the business.
- Ability to communicate how technical design meets business needs to a senior audience. Has a command of industry trends and business processes.
- Strong understanding of architecture best practices. Ability to architect and develop solutions to meet technical and business requirements, and perform iterative testing to ensure desired specifications are met.
- Helps to set the strategy for the go forward data structure in the space of Finance systems.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in business or technical discipline or equivalent experience. Masters degree preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Familiarity with Agile practices.
- Familiarity with process management a plus.
- 2+ years experience in finance operations or systems role.
- 5+years experience in data management, data warehousing, or unstructured data environments.
- Experience with cloud, Hadoop, and NoSQL tools a plus
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.