Office Tour Photos
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant controller is responsible for managing the Consolidated Financial Close Process, General Ledger, Capital accounting, Accounting policies and Procedures, Consolidation, and the integration of our global accounting operations. The General Ledger function involves the management of the trial balance for the central functions and the Company's subsidiaries, the monthly close process, the proper accounting for all transactions, including accounting research where necessary, reconciliations, and internal processes and controls that impact the general ledger. The Assistant Controller is responsible for managing the accounting/close operations and works cross functionally with FP&A and the Company's operational financial leads.
Importantly, the Assistant Controller will play a highly-visible and key role in the overall finance organization and with the Company's Senior Leadership Team. The position will be instrumental in enhancing processes and procedures to improve and streamline accounting operations and overall reporting.
- Plays a key role in the oversight of the Companys financial reporting, accounting policies and compliance.
- Manages and is responsible for month-end closing functions, financial reporting and balance sheet reconciliations, journal entry processing and review
- Ensures that process improvement activities are continuously evaluated so that the department operates effectively and efficiently
- Supervises the creation, maintenance, distribution and compliance with accounting policies and associated research around Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assists in technical accounting determinations for revenue recognition arrangements, stock compensation arrangements and business combinations (as needed).
- Assists as liaison to external auditors and assists external auditors with access to confidential financial information as required completing respective audits.
- Assists FP&A team with budget vs. actual analyses and forecasting.
- Assists with special projects as needed, such as system implementations, office (domestic and International) openings and set-up, etc.
- Participates in or leads enterprise or other special projects, supports and guides other department managers in cross functional projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Equivalent major
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive accounting management roles in high-growth, technology SaaS companies
- Minimum of 3 years with hands-on experience in managing accounting operations, the monthly/quarterly accounting close and preparation of financial statements; knowledge of internal control program
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting (i.e., GAAP)
- Software as a Service (SaaS) revenue recognition experience
- Track record of driving organizational change and improving a function
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence management and contributors at all levels of the organization
- A proven leader in training and developing high-performing individuals; a proactive leader and effective coach committed to the development and engagement of their team
- Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to build relationships, a good listener with outstanding interpersonal influencing qualities and a natural, effective consultative style
- Ability to respond to, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards of completeness and accuracy
- Effective and decisive under pressure
- Independent/flexible problem-solver with ability to positively cope with change
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Public company audit experience strongly preferred
- Strong experience with one or more financial ERP/General ledger systems, Netsuite preferred
Upserve is the magic ingredient that helps restaurateurs thrive by putting everything they need in one place. We are a leading restaurant management platform with a cloud-based Point of Sale (POS) system, data and analytics, inventory management and payments processing for small to midsize restaurants. Thousands of restaurants use Upserve to manage relationships with more than 57 million active diners, process over $12 billion in annual sales, and to serve over 36 million meals per month. Being a part of the Upserve team brings a plethora of amazing benefits and here are a few:
- Well invest in your career. Upserve is growing quickly, and well give you the opportunity to do the same. Through our internal learning and development resources and our partnership with Vista Equity Partners, youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs. We care about your well being
- We offer a very robust medical and dental insurance coverage plan, offer tax savings plans for retirement and dependent care, subsidize your transportation costs, offer a generous and inclusive parental leave, and provide catered lunches/meal allowances. We offer competitive compensation packages. Our people matter! We dont ignore the role that compensation has on motivation and performance so we strive to equitably compensate our people.
- Weve created an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are a diverse group, so were building a team that is too. Through our various D&I recruitment partnerships, intramural sports, quarterly engagement and feedback surveys, and more. Were building an organization that provides our employees with the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
Want to know what its like to work at Upserve? Check out our Instagram, Inside Upserve.
Upserve is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to have a team that is as diverse as the industry we serve. We partner with a number of local organizations working to improve access to the tech industry for underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
More Jobs From