Rapid7 is breaking down silos and transforming how Security, IT, and DevOps teams work together to drive secure innovation. Our analytics and automation cloud, Rapid7 Insight, provides the shared visibility, intelligence, and connected workflow these teams need to manage the vulnerabilities, threats, and performance issues that put their organizations at risk. With more than 7,100 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this individual, in the newly created role, is a key participant in ensuring Rapid7s financial statements are prepared in an accurate and timely manner. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of external SEC reporting, oversee the general ledger and accounting operations team and operate as the technical accounting expert within the organization. This individual will have a high level of visibility within both the Finance organization and the Companys leadership throughout the organization. This role requires technical accounting expertise, critical thinking skills, effective organizational skills and a strong ability to build effective relationships across the organization. If you are looking for a highly visible role with the ability to significantly impact and influence an organization, then this may be the role for you!
- Lead the Companys day to day accounting operations, including oversight of the financial close, general ledger, accounts payable, stock administration, commissions and other accounting activities.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of external financial statements and disclosure including the Companys filing of various SEC documents such as Form 10-K, 10-Q and other ad hoc filings.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of quarterly earnings releases, earnings call scripts and various investor presentations
- Manage the accounting operations team including setting goals and career development plans aligning their individual goals with the goals of the organization.
- Lead the evaluation and compliance of new accounting pronouncements including develop new accounting policies, educating accounting team and senior leadership of the implications of new accounting pronouncements, and identifying and implementing new internal controls around new policies to ensure continued compliance.
- Advise the controller and senior leadership on the technical accounting treatment for new transactions as they arise.
- Lead financial accounting aspect of merger and acquisition activity including financial due diligence reviews, evaluating and executing purchase accounting including working with external valuation specialists and leading the financial integrations of acquisitions.
- Assist with the coordination with external auditors for quarterly reviews and the year-end audits.
- Partner with business leaders and other within the finance organization to proactively understand current business developments, identify financial and accounting risks, and provide recommendations to mitigate such risks.
- Partner with the Revenue Operations team on ad hoc technical revenue recognition analysis.
- Evaluate and lead the continuous improvement of the Companys accounting practices, policies, control procedures, and system enhancements with a focus on scaling of the Companys processes.
- Assist in the Companys compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley SOX 404 through ensuring best practice system processes and controls are implemented. Identify areas of improvements and lead the enhancement through identifying new controls and improved business processes.
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, including minimum of 3 years experience in public accounting
- Technology industry, public company experience preferred.
- BA and CPA required
- Strong technical accounting experience including SEC reporting, ASC 606 revenue recognition and business combinations.
- A proven leader in training and developing high-performing teams.
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Independent / flexible problem-solver with the ability to adapt as the business grows.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team with changing priorities.
- Willingness to roll up ones sleeves and pick up a shovel.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills to interact with various levels of management and build influential relationships with partners in the business.
- Knowledge and experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and Concur a plus.