Cybereason gives organizations the upper hand by taking an entirely new approach to cybersecurity withAI Hunting, the first AI-powered technology that answers the question Am I under attack? proactively, without manual effort.
We are a company that wins as one. We are daring, always evolving, and never give up. Most importantly we accept our employee for who they are and embrace people that may not fit the typical mold#UBU.
The Assistant Controller will work closely with our Controller to assist in all areas relating to accounting, general ledger and financial statement reporting, accounts payable, cash applications, daily reporting for credit facility requirements, and tax compliance as needed. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements; also responsible for implementing and monitoring compliance with internal accounting and operating controls, policies and procedures to ensure proper mitigation of risk and losses, safeguarding of assets as well as approval and reporting of transactions.
- Create and implement a process to review and assess that internal operational and accounting controls are designed to address identified operational and accounting risks including mitigation of risk of losses, safeguarding of assets and adequate approval and reporting of transactions
- Work closely with our Controller to ensure that proper control objectives, failure modes and related controls are identified and documented for every process (manual and automated) to ensure the integrity of the control environment
- Work closely with our Controller to streamline the monthly book close and preparation of financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows including account analyses and reconciliations. Resolve pending issues related to billing, revenue reporting and sales and use tax related matters
- Coordinates with other teams to ensure timely recording of transactions and the integrity and accuracy of financial reports
- Enhance the monthly reporting package to ensure timeliness of discussion with leadership team and other stakeholders including financial statements, operational metrics, reporting of any control deviations or failures, certifications from other functional leaders, and others as considered necessary
- Assist in overseeing the monthly and quarterly reporting requirements and compliance
- Assist in overseeing the audit process. Makes and executes process improvements plan in accordance with the result of audit
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- 8+ years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to thrive in a hyper-growth business environment
- Experience in implementing processes and procedures
- Experience in assessing adequacy of internal controls covering various processes throughout the operation and making recommendations for improvement
- CPA strongly preferred
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience preferred
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Revenue ASC 606 for SaaS companies experience preferred
- Equity accounting and deferred compensation expense ASC 718 preferred
MORE ABOUT OUR TEAM
We want diverse skill sets and smart people, so we can learn from each other and solve interesting/difficult problems. We don't just click the same buttons over and over. We work both independently and collaboratively with the common goal of achieving excellence and never being satisfied with mediocrity.
MORE ABOUT THE PERKS
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, plenty of food and drinks (including beer and soda), work from home options, generous employer-paid insurance coverage for you and your family, 401k and more.