Assistant, Board and Leadership Relations
The Board & Leadership Relations team supports the engagement and stewardship of Facing History’s 370+ volunteer leaders who make up the Board of Directors and its Committees, Leadership Council, Board of Scholars, and nine regional Advisory Boards. Reporting to the Associate Director, the Assistant will play a vital role in ensuring effective governance of the organization and compelling engagement of these important supporters.
Volunteer Leadership Activity Management
- Draft and maintain timelines/process guides for Board & Committee meeting preparation and execution
- Assist in meeting preparation, including gathering and formatting meeting materials, preparing meeting packets, managing video conference activity, and other support as needed
- Maintain meeting records, including drafting minutes and tracking attendance
- Prepare communications to volunteer leadership, including managing communication schedules and drafting messages
- Maintain board membership records and produce lists and reports for various needs
- Compile reports about Board members’ engagement with Facing History to support the Board and Committees’ work
Leadership Retreats and Study Trips
- Support the Leadership Retreat and Study Trip planning teams, including primary responsibility for registration and reporting
- Maintain documentation, including agenda, vendor information, and communications records
- Organize print and presentation materials
Special Event Team Support
- Maintain master events calendar for the organization
- Maintain speaker dashboard and electronic records
- Ensure accurate digital record keeping for event materials, photography, and videos
- Serve as back-up for Special Events Team during high-activity periods, including proof reading event materials and administrative support
General Administrative Support
- Maintain the calendars for the Board and Committees, as well as serving as the main point of contact among staff for scheduling meetings with the Board Chair
- Schedule meetings with Board and staff leadership to advance Board and Leadership Relation team’s efforts
- Process expense reports, complete expense reconciliations, and other support as needed
- Additional duties as assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred; nonprofit management educational experiences preferred
- Ability to work independently, prioritize problem solve; ability to manage multiple assignments in a busy, fluid setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and Salesforce preferred
- Interest in the mission of Facing History and Ourselves
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a 10% organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Applications ONLY accepted online at facinghistory.org/careers. Job posted until filled.