Love dogs? Have an eye for design? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? Were looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embark is seeking an innovative design aficionado, who loves working across mediums, to join our growth marketing team. If you love dreaming up campaigns, building digital experiences, and promoting cutting-edge genetics, this is the role for you. Were looking for someone with deep agency experience creating content for a direct-to-consumer brand with a technical spin.
This role will drive collaboration and design excellence across multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring that the team delivers holistic creative against the broader strategy. Show us your mastery of taking complex scientific concepts and making them easy and delightful to consume. If youre curious, meticulous, and love dog puns, apply today.
The Opportunity (The day-to-day)
- Breathe life into our campaigns through concepting and ideation.
- Roll up your sleeves, and build cross-channel ads from scratch.
- Provide day-to-day leadership on the evolution of our brand across multiple audiences & products.
- Collaborate and critique design work across the company.
- Build mood boards to inspire the team.
- Drive best-in-class agency practices with designers and stakeholders.
- Test and solve creative problems.
- Drive the conversation for multiple workstreams.
- Mentor and coach junior designers.
- Build best practices for video and animation.
- Be a champion of our customers and their needs.
- A portfolio that demonstrates incredible design across a wide array of media.
- 8+ years of required experience in visual design, graphic design, animation, video, or related field for a consumer e-commerce brand.
- A track record of developing global brand forward campaigns that get results.
- Mastery of industry-standard design tools, e.g. AfterEffects, Final Cut Pro, Sketch, Adobe CC Suite, Invision, et al.
- Advanced understanding of visual design systems, hierarchy, typography, illustration, photography, and composition
- Strong ability to manage complex campaign deliverables on time and on budget.
- Ability to build out and inspire a best-in-class design team.
- Experience working with brand level design systems and pattern libraries
- Fluency in creating visual content for mobile, responsive design
- Animation or video background is a plus
- A team player with a great sense of humor who is a strong manager-doer.
What We Offer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- 401k match
- Bonus program
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.