The Studio, Cambridge MA
We are looking for a passionate, driven, talented, selfless Art Director with at least 8 years experience to join The Studio, the in-house agency for EF Educational Tours.
- Are able to design for both print and digital, with a heavier focus on the 1s and 0s.
- Have a whatever it takes attitude who, if you dont know it, will jump in and figure it out.
- Always put Team above Self.
- Are both Maker & Manager.
- Can balance the practical with the magical (i.e. you understand when to push for innovation and when it just needs to get doneget done well, sure, but get done nonetheless).
- Have experience (and interest) in managing a staff of creatives.
- Look at every project, no matter its budget or scope, as an opportunity. Note: Prima donnas need not apply.
- Are always questioning why something has to be done a certain way, just because thats how its always been done. You love to challenge the norm but know how, where, and when to give.
- Are a dot-connector and collaborator.
- Are a ridiculously awesome Designer. (This should go without saying, but well say it anyway. Were looking for someone who can help to raise the bar on creative not only in Boston but across the globe for EF.)
- Are the in-house agency for EF Tours. You can check out some of our work atcom, and youll quickly see that were not the stereotypical in-house agency.
- Have a gang of about 40 staff, based in 2 offices (about 35 peeps in Boston, MA and 5 in Toronto, Canada)
- Are writers, designers, UXers (designers, researchers, and analysts), video editors and shooters, producers, photographers, and more.
- Can make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in house.
- Are a spirited bunch with an incredibly diverse set of skillsfrom competitive fencing to professional shoe testing to artisan bag-making to taking care of a fainting goat named Brian. (Really.)
- Are a passionate crew that focuses on making great work and having fun doing it.
- Is the widest range of projects youll ever find under 2 roofs. And since we have no external agencies, we get to do it all, from 200 page catalogues to billboards, websites to videos shot in exotic locations, email/display campaigns to backpacks (literally down to the color and placement of every stitch).
- We do everything from the classic (or stereotypical if you insist) in-house work to the crazy-amazing career-making campaigns and everything in between. But no matter what the assignment, we view every project as an opportunity to make something were psyched to put in our portfolios and show off to our moms, dads, dogs, cats and/or park pigeons.
The Perks (and this is the abbreviated list)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, 4 weeks after your first year
- $1500 for professional development/continued education each year
- All expenses paid international travel
- Free in-house language classes
- Annual team boat trip (along with other team outings throughout the year)
- Discounts on all those ubiquitous Apple products you cant live without
- Free nicknames (we tend to nickname everyone, which will either send you running towards or, very quickly, away from us)
A tiny bit about EF Education First
The company was founded over 50 years ago on the idea that the best way to learn is to go out into the world and experience it. Over the last several decades, EF has grown to more than 40,000 teachers and staff in 500 schools and offices in over 50 countries.
Big, right? The interesting thing is that we dont operate that way. Its the best of a small company approach, atmosphere, and energy with the backing and support of a big one. Got an idea that will change the way we do business? Bring it up, and it can actually get implemented here. Thats pretty damn cool, and not something youll typically find at a traditional agency.