Are you looking for an opportunity where you can play a key role helping to guide and foster the transformation of one of the largest industries in the world?
Do you believe that building trust through empathy and openness is essential to success in the evolving digital landscape?
Are you able to lead discussion with engineers, managers, executives, and product owners to build consensus?
If this describes you, then we would love to tell you more about the Architect role with Liberty Mutual Insurance Global Retail Market US (GRM US).
- Partner with business leadership to identify problems, and opportunities for technology innovation.
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop systems and application architecture.
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Tailor communication and convey complex ideas in a concise manner to a diverse set of audiences and venues.
- Craft guidance that helps delivery teams identify quality risk factors around security and compliance.
- Identify and assess the organizational impact of enterprise architecture and standards, including change in skills, processes and structures.
- Accelerate delivery by forming a network of positive relationships with vendors, and other influencers within the enterprise and beyond.
- Mentor associate engineers and senior leadership alike. Inspire and lead senior technical individual contributors.
- Bachelor`s or Masters degree in technical discipline; Master`s preferred.
- 10+ years of architecture experience in applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Experience building highly scalable applications using service-oriented, microservice, and/or RESTful API based architectures at an enterprise scale.
- Experience deploying applications in cloud-based platforms such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud, and can elaborate on the -aaS hierarchy.
- Experience with containerized applications using Docker, Kubernetes or other similar tooling
- Experience in messaging platforms, protocols, and techniques such as Kafka, and event sourcing.
- Expertise in a wide variety of database technologies, from RDBMS like Oracle or DB2 to NoSQL systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra, or Elasticsearch, and can explain their varied use cases.
- Deep knowledge of how to secure complex systems and infrastructure against different attack vectors. You have led threat modeling exercises, and helped craft remediation plans.
- Insurance industry experience is a plus.
Who we are:
The GRM U.S. Marketing, Direct and Digital organization is strategically aligned to help GRM U.S. become a leader in digital and direct: from marketing, to sales, to policy and claims service. The organization is comprised of Marketing, Digital, Direct Response Centers, Strategic Partnerships, and Marketing, Direct & Digital Insights.
Our mission is to create a highly-personalized experience for our customers. We believe that transparency of information and elegant design are an essential need for customers when making buying decisions. We work to build enthusiasm for one another by taking ownership of the problem domain, and embrace a culture evaluating our successes and failures with equal levels of passion.
What's in it for you:
We value your hard work, integrity and dedication to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn more
More Jobs From