At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance. At the core of our values is the belief that putting people first and building trust through empathy and openness are essential to success in the evolving digital landscape.
We are currently seeking an Architect who shares our values and is passionate about applying DevSecOps to deliver superior Identity & Access Management (IAM) solutions. IAM is part of our Global Cybersecurity (GCS) organization, responsible for securing and protecting Liberty Mutuals customer and enterprise information and technology.
About the role:
You will be a member of the IAM leadership team, comprising the business, engineering, product management, and architecture disciplines all aligned to deliver secure, frictionless, and responsive IAM services. Your focus will be developing and implementing the strategic technical architecture and engineering practices to build a global, integrated, and optimized IAM technology portfolio.
You will collaborate with business leads, product owners, the broader architecture community and our vendor partners to align technology capabilities with product roadmaps. You will work closely with engineering teams to define and apply development frameworks, patterns, and best practices that enable high-performance delivery using best-in-class IAM products such as Sailpoint, Ping, Azure AD, CyberArk, and HashiCorp Vault as well as in-house developed solutions.
Leveraging your development and delivery experience, you will lead efforts to modernize legacy applications and explore leading-edge technology to deliver new solutions, while ensuring security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, reliability, and compliance of critical cybersecurity controls.
You will communicate extensively, presenting architecture concepts and designs, both verbally and in writing, to executive staff, business partners and technical staff to ensure that all stakeholders understand and support the architecture direction.
- Collaboration: Cultivate and maintain close working relationships within the IAM team, with the cybersecurity community, and with customer stakeholders including internal technology partners, application teams, and the business units. Maintain regular contact with professional organizations, user groups, and trade groups to stay current with technology and industry trends.
- Technical Leadership: Lead the development and documentation of conceptual, logical and solution architectures across application, data and technology domains; define and vet current and future state architecture blueprints and roadmaps to support business and technology goals.
- Investment Optimization: Maximize technology investment by: performing effective buy/build assessments; maintaining an understanding of vendor product features and roadmaps to fully utilize out-of-the-box capabilities; and factoring total cost of ownership for customizations, homegrown code, and integrations.
- Security Assurance: Continuously monitor risks and maintain a proactive security posture for the IAM portfolio with regular threat modeling and by keeping environments appropriately upgraded, patched, and securely configured.
- Engineering Practices: Continuously improve effectiveness by leading the definition and adoption of secure engineering and quality standards, and mentoring engineering teams in the use of Agile. DevSecOps best practices and design standards such as the AWS well-architected framework.
This role might be fore you if you have:
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, a personal growth mindset, and customer centricity.
- Deep experience with the end-to-end lifecycle of 3rd party enterprise platforms including evaluation, selection, deployment, configuration, integration, customization, and operation. Prior experience with IAM products such as Sailpoint Identity IQ, Ping Identity, and Azure AD a plus.
- Excellent leadership, planning and negotiation skills and the ability to make well-informed recommendations that balance the need to deliver with maintaining architectural standards.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, the ability to assess and reach your audience, and prior success developing others to build architecture capability across an organization.
- Hands-on Agile and DevSecOps engineering and development experience across security, network, infrastructure, data, and cloud domains, and a track record of high quality delivery.
- Experience developing with cloud native technologies, modernizing legacy applications to the cloud, and an understanding of data strategies, data lakes, and AI/ML.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical discipline; Master's preferred.
- 10+ years of experience leading large scale applications and responsibility for defining technology architecture and strategies in the most recent three years.
- A current cybersecurity professional certification such as CISA or CISSP, or a commitment to obtaining a certification within one year of hire.
- In-depth understanding of business operations, objectives and strategies including but not limited to, insurance industry, financial services, global business and technology trends.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds.