Applied Scientist II
Excited about transforming the way people enjoy music and video in the living room and the car ? Come join the team that made Apple Music, XBOX, Spotify, Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, and more available to Alexa customers. We are innovating the way our customers interact with entertainment in the living room and in the car. We are shaping the future of entertainment.
Alexa Entertainment is looking for a Applied Scientist as we build a team of talented and passionate scientists for ASR (automatic speech recognition) and NLU (natural language understanding). As an Applied Scientist, you will participate in the design, development, and evaluation of models and ML (machine learning) technology so that customers have the magical experience of Alexa. You will have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to, and want to use every day. Like the world of smart phones less than 10 years ago, this is a rare opportunity to have a giant impact on the way people live.
You will be part of a team delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
· Leadership experience in NLP or ML
· Experience leading and launching ML projects from concept to go-live
· Experience mentoring and growing scientists
· Master's degree in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or Statistics with specialization in natural language processing, or machine learning
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in modeling and analysis, and in deploying machine learning / deep learning models in production
· 2+ years of hands-on experience in programming languages such as Python
· PhD with specialization in speech recognition, natural language processing, or machine learning with at least 5 years of related work experience
· Passionate about setting strategic directions for voice interactions and the ability to line up a roadmap
· Strong software development skills
· Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
· Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong architectural and problem solving skills
· Strong publication record
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.