XL is seeking an Applications Engineer (Software/ Electrical) to support engineering and service teams to maximize on road hybrid availability of XL product line.
Full time position in the Boston office reporting into the Controls Engineering Team.
Excellent career opportunity to understand system level EV/ HEV controls
Opportunity to transition into automotive firmware development or systems engineering/integration support over time
Domestic (US) Travel required 10-30%
Vehicle Diagnostics and Troubleshooting of customer vehicles
- Be the liaison between Service and Engineering teams for customer service needs and lead root cause analysis of field failures of XL components with an eye towards recognizing trends in field failures.
- Collect, analyze and prioritize Service / Customer complaints, manage documentation of issues in in-house development/tracking tools, and champion root cause analysis
- Act as a “first point of contact” for the XL Service team in diagnosing and troubleshooting vehicle issues by leveraging XL’s data system
- Conceptualize, set up and carry out experiments in the lab to replicate field failures and implement solutions to be rolled into production
- Be capable of understanding wiring diagrams and schematics
- Cross functional team collaboration with mechanical, electrical software and testing teams to address customer issues.
- Travel on-site if needed to address software/ firmware related requests.
Support Service Readiness
- Maintain diagnostic tools to facilitate in field vehicle diagnostics and troubleshooting and upcoming production platforms. When necessary work with engineering to develop diagnostic tools or take hands on role in developing appropriate tools.
- Leverage XL’s data system to observe incoming customer data and alert Service teams on potential service needs. Work closely with Service team to ensure they are prepared for the service visit.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Engineering (EE, ME, Aero) or Computer Science
- 2-4 years of professional experience (minimum) in validating embedded software and electrical systems
- Comfortable in understanding and modifying existing C code
- Competence using electronic test equipment, Oscilloscopes, Power Analyzers, Voltage and Current probes, DMM.
- Hands on experience working on automotive subsystems preferred (powertrain, body, chassis)
- Excellent system level troubleshooting skills for mechanical and electrical systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is a must.
- Experience with data analysis tools and techniques.
- Must be self-starter, proactive and of resourceful mindset.
- Knowledge of Design of Experiments and Test Engineering.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team to gather, assimilate requirements, diagnose problems and disseminate information to relevant stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Solidworks, harnesses, connectors and high voltage assemblies
- Experience working on FSAE, BAJA, Solar car teams
The candidate will report to Firmware Engineering Manager and with additional reporting requirements to the Vice President of Engineering
More Jobs From