Applications Engineer - Cloud Operations
The Cloud Operations Applications Engineer will be responsible for installing and upgrading HealthEdge’s award winning applications in our private cloud, as well as customer-hosted instances. The HealthEdge Cloud Operations Application Engineering Team is a team of technical experts that runs and manages application operations for the Company’s clients. The ideal candidate is looking to learn and work within the agile HealthEdge Deployment Methodology, while leveraging tools that are used to manage the environments, automation technologies, alerting, and 3rd party applications.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and development expertise in technologies used to run the HealthRules cloud
- Successfully executes all assignments timely and within acceptable quality levels
- Asks for help and works collaboratively with team members when issues present themselves; does not settle for not knowing the outcome or resolution steps for important issues
- Team player who can work well with others and document/learn with team.
- Identifies knowledge gaps and closes them; demonstrates consistent intellectual curiously and drive to learn more and self-develop himself/herself
- Perform all job functions consistent with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling health care information
- Be creative and work to find the right level of problems and help leadership come up with solutions
- 0 - 3 Years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related disciplines or equivalent work experience
- Experience as a deployment or solutions engineer, and/or system/platform engineer, technical application support, or experience in a system administration role
- Interest in deployment and automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- An Engineering mindset – focused on designing, implementing and improving processes and technology
- Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience with major J2EE middleware tier software offerings such as: WebLogic, WebSphere, or JBoss
- Basic Linux abilities
- Familiarity with PL/SQL and T-SQL and related relational database technologies
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies and apply new skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to play a vital role in high visibility assignments. The ability to communicate directly with senior management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and communicate to project teams.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and mindset
- Shell scripting skills
- Occasional off-hours work (including weekends) may occur and required to perform upgrades in production environments. Majority of expectation is business hours workload