Applications Consultant – Laboratory Automation
This role within our Sales organization is an essential part of the success of the team. The position will challenge you to grow your knowledge and expertise, demand flexibility and responsiveness, and reward you with a significant scope for role expansion based on your success.
The primary function of this role is to collaborate with our Sales Managers to support the development of new business. This includes in-depth analysis of customer RFPs, design of technical solutions and customer presentations/demonstrations. Additionally, you will work with current customers to ensure all elements of their systems are meeting specifications; this may include assistance with project planning, acceptance testing and support.
Domestic travel is anticipated to be 30-50% of the year with time on site with customers that is typically 1 to 2 days in duration. Occasional international travel may also be needed.
Key actions that will make you successful at HighRes:
- Perform in-depth analysis of customer requests for proposals and work with various stakeholders to design the optimal technical solution. This will likely include protocol/throughput analysis, instrument specification and system layout review.
- Develop and deliver detailed technical response documents and customer presentations in support of the sales process.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure accurate deployment of systems in post-sales phase.
- Assist with the development and documentation of client training on the proper operation of our robotic systems.
- Work closely with Marketing to produce application notes, collateral and webinars to promote new capabilities to customers.
- Deliver general company presentations and product/software demonstrations to support the development of new business in the US and Europe.
- Participate in trade conferences/exhibitions with sales team.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry application trends.
- Our customers come from life sciences and/or engineering backgrounds; you will need a strong technical acumen and a degree in Scientific/Engineering/IT discipline.
- This cannot be your first rodeo – at least five years of related experience is needed.
- You have a core belief in delighting customers and a degree of finesse when it comes to establishing consensus.
- Experience in automated laboratory systems and devices in a high throughput screening, compound management, drug discovery, or research automation setting.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
A few items to note:
- Experience with scheduling software for automated laboratory systems, custom scripting of lab automation instrumentation, or experience with larger custom software or LIMS integration projects in a lab setting is a plus.
- Domestic and international travel may be up to 50%.
- You will need to have a current passport and a valid driver’s licence.