This position can be located anywhere in the United States and a Work From Home on a permanent basis is supported.
Your primary responsibilities are to assist our client users with questions and issues pertaining to the application of the software. This includes resolving support requests, troubleshooting issues, replicating scenarios for developers to address and in-house testing of software. Occasionally train customers on components of the system.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather information from the client and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms;
- Identify and escalate application defects and priority issues;
- Interact with clients to provide information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services and provide resolutions to reported issues
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate to prevent disruption in client activities
- Follow up and make calls to customers when necessary;
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping client and clients employee information confidential.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of ones actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Stay current with system information, changes/updates and new releases
- Assist the QA department in product testing
- Contribute to written documentation (Knowledge Base)
- Provide occasional training for internal employees and externally for clients
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with PrismHR, HRPyramid or other PEO or ASO software preferred
- Ability to communicate and present information effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong knowledge of HRIS systems including payroll, benefits, and human resources
- Knowledge of payroll and payroll accounting operations
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 1-3 years experience in a customer support position desired, but not required.
- Experience with Vertex, Mastertax, Quickbooks, Peachtree or Great Plains a plus (not required)
- Experience setting up and maintaining Client Accounting in PrismHR and a general understanding of Financial Accounting.
- American Payroll Association certification a plus
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent phone and people skills
- Ability to work independently with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Apps a plus