Who You Are
As an Application Specialist, youll be a key part of the team that makes investments here at Hometap - helping to fulfill the mission of making home ownership less stressful and more accessible. You will work closely with our sales and underwriting teams to close investments with homeowners.
More specifically, youll be responsible for reviewing homeowner applications for completeness, collecting and verifying application data with third party service providers, and coordinating cross functionally to orchestrate the closing and funding of investments. In this role, accuracy and efficiency are equally important.
What You Bring
To be successful in this role, youll need to be execution-oriented with exceptional attention to detail. This role will require the ability to be well organized in a constantly changing and fast- paced entrepreneurial environment. Following existing and iterating on future versions of repeatable processes will be key to success. Also important to the role is having the ability to talk with third parties and homeowners over the phone. Youll need to be outgoing with strong communication skills.
- Associate's or Bachelors Degree (relevant fields include Business or Accounting) or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years experience in an applicable job/field
- Applicable job experiences include - loan processing, finance ops, compliance, servicing, real estate, paralegal work and/or application review, junior underwriter, loan officer assistant
- Experience in roles where success can be measured by accuracy / completeness
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and foster cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong computer & CRM skills, including Salesforce
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If youre someone who embraces this builder mentality, youll be right at home here.