The Application Development- Senior Analyst ETL for Retail Systems will act as a member of the FrontStore/Retail/Merchandising/Inventory/Marketing/Data Warehouse team responsible for designing, developing and deploying business intelligence and data warehousing projects using extensive technical skills in Database Development and ETL and build strategies for the ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) portion of projects using Informatica Power Center 10 and above, Informatica IDE, Data Transformation Services (B2B), Data Services, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server utilities.
The Application Developer will be responsible for:
- Participate in key Business Initiatives and recommend business and IT technical solutions to business partners.
- Gather requirements and create architectural, detail design documents and mapping documents.
- Develop queries, reports and database stored procedures.
- Develop and maintain data models across multiple database technologies.
- Review and analyze functional requirements and mapping documents.
- Review, update, and maintain ETL related system architecture documentation.
- Stored Procedures, views, External Tables, SQL Querying and Performance Finetuning.
- Develop Informatica objects, including mappings, sessions, and workflows based on the prepared low-level design documents.
- Create ETL programs that interface across multiple technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, and IBM Mainframe, Azure Cloud, Hadoop and Snowflake.
- Assist with debugging the Informatica mappings and Fine-tune mappings and maplets for performance optimization.
- Responsible for problem solving and troubleshooting design and development issues and provide appropriate solutions.
- Work with team leads and business analysts to provide support and contribution in preparing critical User Acceptance scenarios.
- Assist in deploying and migrating products within the production environment,
- Deploy and Follow through with Business in a timely manner and with deliver results high quality.
- Work collaboratively with Operation Support Teams in providing necessary tertiary support and work critical production Issues.
- Follow CVS Standards and Procedures using the Tools approved by CVS Development Team.
- Adhere to all security and compliance standards set forth by the IT team through out development life cycle and every day work and make sure strictly adherence to compliance.
- 3+ years of experience in ETL Application development and/or other Dimensional - Star/snowflake, RDBMS Database/Data Warehouse Concepts/Designs
- 2+ years experience in Modern database technologies (such as Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server,ect) Writing Code using database, ideally in a project team set up where you became familiar with Project Life Cycle and config management and deployment tools
- 1+ year of experience in one or more of the following retail domain areas: retail Sales, Purchases, Shipments, Event and Pricing of Merchandising functional Areas.
- Experience with Oracle 12c, Oracle Tools such as SQL Loader, External Tables and Stored Procedures and Pro*C programs.
- Experience in Informatica Toolset including Informatica Intelligence Cloud Services
- Strong Database skills, experience in writing queries, Data Mining experience
- Experience with Teradata Database and various related tools such as BTEQ, MLOAD, FASTLOAD, FAST EXPORT, TPT etc. in large Data Warehouse environments is preferred.
- Experience and/or exposure to Snowflake will be preferred.
- Experience and/or exposure to Python will be preferred.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to manage multiple tasks at the same time and be flexible to switch to new tasks, technology as the situation demands and willing to work on continuous improvement.
- Must have good trouble-shooting skills and be able to interact with IT and business teams in a professional setting.
Bachelors Degree in Business, Information Systems or Computer Science Engineering or related field or relevant work experience
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nations largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health (Company) is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. CVS Health prohibits discrimination and/or harassment against persons on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. EEO IS THE LAW EEO IS THE LAW POSTER GINA SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: http://www.cvshealth.com/careers