A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
A bit more about this role:
Devoted Healths Operations teams have the opportunity to make a difference every single day in the complex world of health care. We aim to care for every member as we would our own family.
We view moments where members share feedback with us, informally or through our Appeals and Grievances process, as particularly important to that mission. Handling these moments with care and grace is a critical part of living our cultural values, and deriving data and insights from them to inform better operations will help us to differentiate our member experience.
As the A&G Intake Coordinator you will support the operations of the Appeals & Grievances team. Youll be an important part of helping us meet fast turn-around times for member appeals and grievances, build strong relationships with network health care providers through outreach and follow-up communication, and . A successful candidate will be outgoing, detail-oriented and have a natural talent for customer service. We often require management of several tasks at once so enthusiasm and organization are key.
Responsibilities will include:
- Triaging/entering incoming appeals and grievances
- Reaching out to hospitals and provider offices to obtain important clinical documentation
- Contacting members, hospitals, and provider groups to ensure communication of decisions
- Providing operational support for key A&G processes enabling A&G specialists and clinical reviewers to make efficient, high-quality decisions
Attributes to success:
- A strong desire to improve the health care experience: you love to serve and make a difference
- Love for the details and strong organizational skills
- Understanding urgency and having the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Youre a problem solver by nature - schedules will change, things will come up, technology will break, people will ask you for help You can see the process and ways to make it better
- Ability & agility to multitask - you may be asked to do several things and need to change plans mid-day
- Great communication skills - youll be talking and faxing with providers, partners, and members You feel accountable for the work youre responsible for
- A calming mindset - sometimes the days are hair on fire and youll be the person people turn to for support
- Growth orientation: you seek and incorporate feedback and you see the potential in your teammates The ability to work in a startup environment, which means being self-reflective and transparent in your work: whats going well, and whats not
Desired skills and experience:
- 1-3 years of administrative/office experience
- Proficient in technology - youll be working in Gmail /G Suite
- A history of being organized and having high attention to detail - its the little things that matter
- Prior experience in health plan operations preferred
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.