Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos!
Blink builds the completely wireless, affordable, and battery-operated home security cameras that send motion-activated alerts and HD video to your smartphone for an amazingly affordable price. Our vertically integrated engineering team works on algorithms, ASICs, hardware, firmware, cloud software and mobile applications to deliver products that customers love. We are seeking dynamic software development engineers to join our growing mobile app team.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume mobile applications across multiple mobile platforms that customers love. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for the development and launch of core product features. You will implement custom native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques. Experience working with hardware and embedded device software is a plus.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities in mobile and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high-performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, mobile and web service technologies as it related to mobile apps, and practical experience building customer facing mobile products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· 5+ years overall software development experience with modern programming languages (C/C++, Python, Java) and open-source technologies
· 3+ years professional experience in software development building consumer-facing Android apps
· 3+ years using Android UI paradigms
· 3+ years of experience with Android SDK and writing multi-threaded applications
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Have designed and developed a complete Android app from top to bottom
· Have worked on Android companion apps for consumer electronics devices
· Experience in multimedia streaming protocols; understanding of video and audio codecs
· Web Services and cloud experience as it relates to mobile apps
· Development and debugging skills using C++
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Strong problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
More Jobs From