The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, were behind some of Spotifys most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and youll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
Our work is experimentation-driven, where the engineering team is not only responsible for building world-class technical solutions but is also deeply involved in the ideation part of the process. We work closely with user researchers, data scientists and designers to create hypotheses around opportunities related to specific cultures, regions or markets. These hypotheses are tested by building A/B tests and prototypes, and rolling it out to our millions of users.
We are looking for thoughtful, well-rounded Android engineers to join our team and help build an application millions of people use every single day to discover and listen to music and podcasts. You will play a leading role in our mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. Above all, your work will change the way the world experiences audio.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of engineers, designers, and product managers to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
- Implement these solutions for our Android client, adhering to Android development best practices
- Help your team solve problems in a way that makes sense for Android users and our codebase
- Work with a functional reactive framework for managing state evolution and side-effects, with add-ons for connecting to Android UIs and RxJava Observables (Mobius)
- Join dozens of other developers and help to shape the direction of Android development at Spotify
- Flexibility to work from home/remotely for the remainder of the year
Who You Are
- You have a deep understanding of modern Android development
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java
- Experience in Kotlin is a plus
- You are experienced with Android development tools
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code
- Having iOS, Netty, or gRPC experience is a plus
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or whats playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. Its in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the worlds most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.