Are you an experienced Android developer? Want to help us evolve the Android stack for a product that's receiving rave reviews and solving real-world problems? As an Android developer at TrueMotion, you'll play a key role on our mobile engineering team, developing new features, having fun and making our products ever more awesome. You'll also have the opportunity to work on new projects from concept through implementation. Our team enjoys working together and shares a passion for both the business of what we do (making driving safer for everyone) and the technologies that make it all possible. We also enjoy a collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, a strong benefits package and a fun centrally located office that's just a short walk from the MBTA's Red, Orange, Green and Silver Lines (at South Station, Chinatown, and Downtown Crossing).
- Contribute to the development of our Android app store and B2B applications and SDKs
- Help scale our mobile team processes by practicing “Clean Code” principles for app architecture, branching/versioning, release train, feature flipping and A/B test, CI pipeline, TDD.
- Advocate for the Android platform e.g: evaluating new frameworks, leading the Android technical vision at TrueMotion, while also helping to mentor more junior members of the team
- Deliver apps to market with enhanced features and capabilities, while also maintaining and continually improving turnaround time and and quality
- Participate in code reviews and team meetings
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of experience working with key technologies for the Android platform.
- Fluency in Java
- Knowledge of RxJava and/or Kotlin
- Experience designing robust, extensible and customizable mobile application code and frameworks
- Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs
- Strong UI development skills (complex view trees, animations, rendering and strong knowledge of the Android UI kit)
- Knowledgeable about test driven development (TDD), behavior driven development (BDD) and debugging.
- Basic cryptographic knowledge
- Literacy in one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Swift, Objective-C, Python.
- System engineering /architectural skills e.g. be able to understand the big picture.
At TrueMotion we’re motivated by three things: working with great people who make it fun to come to work every day, solving hard problems, and making driving safer and more affordable. If you’re a positive, organized self starter, then TrueMotion may be for you! Our patented technology precisely determines driver risk via data from a driver's smartphone. Insurance companies draw insights from this data, which is then used to help people become safer drivers and save money on car insurance.
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: local candidates are highly preferred for this role. We're also unable to provide new visa sponsorships at this time.