We are looking for an Analytics Manager to join our Operations team within our Business Intelligence division. Our team provides athena business leaders with insight into the efficacy of the critical services we deliver on behalf of our clients. These actionable insights enable a systemic improvement in the overall performance of our service delivery. When we create a new insight that improves our delivery, there is an opportunity for a significant impact on our clients - removing noise and freeing them to do what matters: delivering patient care. But enough about us; let’s talk about you!
You are a curious teammate, someone who loves to explore, learn, and use data to make things better. You are excited to frame business problems, dig through data to find solutions, and then craft compelling visualizations to bring your findings to life. You help others in the business understand the story the data tells. We work closely with partners across the business, so your ability to collaborate with multiple teams is also important.
The Team: We are a bunch of data aficionados who are passionate about creating visibility into business performance, telling an actionable story, and helping business teams drive impact for athena and most importantly, our provider customers. We use an agile-based framework to execute our work and ensure we are always focused on the most important and impactful needs of the business. Technology-wise, we increasingly live in the cloud using Snowflake, Tableau, and other tools for loading, extracting, transforming, and visualizing our data to provide solutions.
- Pull data from a variety of sources to provide visibility into performance, deliver in an actionable format, and ensure data quality/integrity
- Develop the back-end and/or front-end components of tools and visualizations that surface insight into the health of our operational processes; build root cause drill-in reports
- Consult with partners to define the success of initiatives by aligning business objectives with existing metrics or newly proposed metrics
- 6+ years of professional work experience in a data analytics environment
- Experience with Oracle SQL and relational databases
- Experience with at least one data-extraction, scripting, and/or programming language (e.g., SQL, R, Python)
- Familiarity with Data Visualization/BI Tools, such as Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and/or Google Analytics
- Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym, and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you’re curious, passionate and want to connect with work that matters, you’ve come to the right place. At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. At the heart of athenahealth's culture is unconditional positive regard for one another, our customers, their patients, and our community. We take time to celebrate diversity and our accomplishments and strive to be powerfully relevant and refreshingly candid in everything we do.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.