At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Liberty Mutuals newly formed GRS Advanced Analytics Hub is seeking an experienced data scientist that can drive the development and implementation of data science solutions across various businesses. In this role, you will have opportunities to work side by side with data scientists and interacting heavily with underwriting, regional actuaries and IT to tackle challenging initiatives aimed at improving pricing sophistication or efficient growth to enable the profitable growth in medium-large commercial insurance and specialty space.
About GRS Advanced Analytics Hub:
- What do we do: Extract knowledge or insights from data and deliver it in a manner which supports the underwriting decision process
- How do we do it: Leverage data science and actuarial techniques plus business expertise to develop predictive models
- Why do we do it: Arm our underwriters with best in-class tools to gain competitive advantage
This position requires candidates with experience in data preparation and analysis, statistical methods and tools, and extensive knowledge of insurance products. Strong in technical skills and project management. This is a ranged posting of the grade 16-17, depending on candidates experience and qualifications.
- Utilizes advanced analytics techniques to solve business problems. May regularly utilize, update and adapt predictive modeling tools and/or focus on the application of the tools
- Work extensively with key stakeholders across GRS to understand business needs, vet opportunities, and deliver analytically-based solutions and tools to drive business results
- Develop & deliver presentations to communicate technical ideas and analytical finding to non-technical partners and stakeholders, including underwriters and IT technicians
- Manages low to moderately complex projects, while providing technical and analytical assessments of issues facing the business.
- Drive projects execution and implement a robust plan for measuring success
- May lead discussions with senior leadership at the department or functional level
- Be able to drive some innovation initiatives to improve modeling process, for example DSPRG Summer Intern project.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field plus a minimum 2 years of related experience required, including some exposure to modeling or advanced analytics
- Knowledge of property/casualty insurance principles, especially underwriting and ratemaking concepts, is a plus.
- Broad understanding of core statistical and ML techniques with prior experience analyzing data and building models in a statistical programming language (e.g., SAS, R, Python, etc.)
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands in fast-paced, dynamic environment, including drawing conclusions and making decision from imperfect and disparate datasets
- Strong analytical, strategic, project management, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, as well as proven ability to effectively present technical concepts to non-technical individuals within and outside the organization.