We are seeking a motivated individual to join Carbonite as the Alliance Manager, Iron Mountain. As the Alliance Manager, you are responsible for selling to and influencing the Carbonite portfolio by maintaining positive on-going relationship to meet evolving needs and requirements. As a seasoned professional with a wide range of experiences, you use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. The role will involve:
- Ongoing account plan development
- Ongoing relationship building in the field and at the executive level
- Ongoing opportunity / pipeline creation and management, including revenue and cost responsibility
- Evaluation and management of new initiatives and business opportunities
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with partners and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal, or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs
- Develop programs and offerings from Carbonite that complement or enhance the Iron Mountain portfolio
In this role, you will be responsible for leading and executing the business strategy with Iron Mountain, and then work with the Iron Mountain Team to implement and execute these strategy . You will establish and nurture relationships with the key decision makers at the top and the field to ensure they are aligned with Carbonite’s overall strategy to ensure continued growth. In this role, you’ll need to identify opportunities to improve and strengthen the relationships with Iron Mountain, but also seek out ways to generate pipeline and close the opportunities.
You will need to closely collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Operations and Leadership to ensure the successful implementation and long-term success of the Iron Mountain partnerships with Carbonite.
We’ll look to you to inspire and lead the Carbonite team and work with each to define individual and team success plans. If you are up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
Specific Objectives & Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Evaluate and align the team for optimal coverage and performance
- Define and manage key success metrics
- Establish a sales culture, cadence
- Manage all aspects of the forecast and pipeline
- Lead team to execute on key opportunities
- Strengthen cross-functional awareness and relationships
- Expand on the current business plan
- Work with team members to grow the relationship
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Meet and exceed business objectives
- Develop and manage joint partner business plans
- Define, build & execute Iron Mountain joint business plans
- Create pipeline, and close opportunities by partnering with the Iron Mountain
- Establish & maintain relationships with the key decision makers at Iron Mountain
- Develop cross-functional team relationships (Sales, Engineering, Product, Operations & Leadership)
Key Challenges to Overcome:
Iron Mountain and Carbonite have signed a new global agreement. There has been a tremendous amount focus on the relationship and we are seeking a strong candidate to lead this strategic relationship. To be successful, you must be an independent thinker, able to lead, motivate and direct strong personalities. These partner relationships are complex and require strategic thinking and practical business skills.Qualifications
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
- A minimum of 10years’ experience in leading and managing a partner alliance and/or a sales teams in a relevant industry/domain
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in Backup, High Availability and/ or cloud-based solutions
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships at all levels within an alliance ecosystem
- Proven ability to build a plan and lead a team to achieve the key business indicators identified
- You have a proven track record of exceeding performance targets/quotas
- You have the proven ability to generate revenue through partnerships in a related field
- You must possess superb writing, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans.
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us? #LI-DC1
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.