Enterprise Strategy is responsible for helping steward the development of the companys long term strategy and associated priorities with a focus on CVS/Caremark, connecting each business unit to those priorities, exploring white space opportunities for growth, and connecting the dots across businesses to accelerate existing revenue streams. The team supports the growth aspirations of the CVS Caremark business and collaborates with counterparts within Enterprise Strategy and the business to connect the dots on opportunities and risks across each business and the enterprise.
This role will help identify new opportunities and support existing projects to drive value for our clients, members, and our shareholders. This will include both external views of the market and our customers, as well as internal views of our capabilities and organization.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Partner with cross-functional teams to support the development of CVS Caremarks long-term strategy and strategic initiatives
2. Support high-priority areas in our CVS Caremark business unit and across the enterprise, including conducting analysis on key competitors and potential sources of disruption; framing and structuring disparate ideas and information to make them concrete and actionable
3. Support the ongoing development of the business management processes to ensure we are hitting our in-year and longer-term strategic growth objectives
4. Conduct both quantitative and qualitative analyses to evaluate new market opportunities for the enterprise that extend beyond our current businesses, and develop associated business cases and recommendations for senior executives
5. Support special projects that impact the entire organization and/or key business-unit partner, with a demonstrated experience in generating strategy or change initiatives
6. Evaluate key organizational questions to ensure our company is best positioned to deliver on our commitments to customers, clients, and shareholders
5 years of experience in Strategy and/or Corporate Development and technical/functional experience in one or several of the following areas within the healthcare sector: management consulting, strategy, financial analysis, public policy, product development, mergers and acquisitions.
Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a concise, logical, and consistent manner to influence internal and external partners
Manage the matrix: Comfort in collaborating across multiple business units, functional areas, shared services, and stakeholders to achieve a common goal
Think & act strategically: Demonstrated ability to simplify complex details to coordinate solution components across multiple work streams
Working knowledge of payor, provider, and product segments of the industry, with a growth mindset to further develop expertise
Commitment to deepening expertise across the healthcare industry:
Be flexible: Comfortable with managing competing priorities, and quickly shifting gears to adapt to changing needs of the enterprise, our customers, and our team
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience. Masters preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.