Office Tour Photos
Who we are:
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to accelerate unlocking insights and providing outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers wont benefit from micro optimizations. We treat data as a resource; making information globally accessible and eliminating silos. If you want to join a team with these traits in their DNA, read on.
The Advanced Methods and Analytics group adapts quickly and leave a lasting mark through the new capabilities they champion. As the leading Advanced Methods and Analytics Senior Manager, you will be driving strategic thinking amongst the group to collaborate with senior leaders across the organization to understand how data, reporting, and advanced analytics will catalyze the growth of the business. You will define numerous analytical approaches, execute, and oversee the development of a statistical models and solutions. You will work closely with our machine learning group to solve daily complex business challenges.
What Youll Do:
- Set direction and analytic approaches, best practices and methodologies for historical data analysis to be leveraged by 80+ staff across the Analytics organization.
- Identify and prioritize key business needs to design applied frameworks that inform Wayfairs Web strategic road map.
- Select and apply optimal analytic techniques like clustering, classification, mix modeling, predictive response modeling, time series analysis and text mining to optimize behavior on the site, which ranges from pathing, funnel analysis to product interaction.
- Lead small pods/ teams to design, prototype, implement and test predictive and prescriptive analytic models.
- Implement previously defined models, methodologies and frameworks across broader teams.
- Partner with analytic colleagues and data science/machine laddering in defining best practices for historical data analysis across Wayfair
- Ensure all analytic models are applied and implemented properly, and that the results are error-free and actionable.
Who You Are:
- Hands on experience in developing advanced analytics and statistical models including clustering, classification, mix modeling, predictive response modeling, experimental design, CART/CHAID, latent class segmentations, cross-sectional and time series analysis, discrete choice modeling, optimization techniques, NLP, speech analytics and text mining;
- Experience with modeling tools (python, R) and advanced platforms (Hadoop, Spark).
- Experience leading teams of analysts with advanced analytical and statistical skills.
- Strong communication and persuasion skills to explain complex analytic models; coach analysts in best practices
- Proven ability to deliver analytic solutions in business-setting with agile-style prototyping and rapid turnarounds
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, or other quantitative discipline; Masters or PHD preferred.
- Experience in Ecommerce preferred, but not essential.
- Advanced degree/ PHD in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science/ Machine Learning preferred, but not essential.
More Jobs From